Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2000 toyota corolla vvti-> milage???

• 07-09-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm contemplating buying a 2000 corolla vvti hatchback, there is 145k miles on clock, costing 2000 euro-> 2yrs nct, x4 new tyres, good buy or not? it is a starter car for a girl, and aiming to keep for 2years?

Any insight welcome;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

What type of driving are you doing?

I have found mine burns oil on long motorway trips.

Having said that its built very well otherwise. A lot depends on how the car has been looked after. I would expect that bushings etc. have been done if the owner was careful of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€2k for a 10 year old Corolla with that mileage is too much imo. They are well able to handle the mileage once they are maintained properly but €2k is too much for one.

Here is one a year younger with far less mileage and 12 months NCT which could be bought for close enough to budget:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201033199217129

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

bazz26 wrote: »
    €2k for a 10 year old Corolla with that mileage is too much imo. They are well able to handle the mileage once they are maintained properly but €2k is too much for one.

Here is one a year younger with far less mileage and 12 months NCT which could be bought for close enough to budget:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201033199217129
    Its not a `great price with that mileage. One concern I would have with the mileage on a toyota is when you're selling it in 2 years time, you will have clocked up another bit by then and will make it hard to sell.
    Id look out on donedeal for something better.
    And to the above comment im presuming shes looking for a 3door corolla because I personally hate them 5 door hatchbacks!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hey OP just to put things in perspective. I bought a 2000 corolla 5door h/b 1.4vvti with 95,000 miles, 1.5 yrs nct & a years tax for 1600 euro 4 months ago.

But it needed a good clean (75 euro) & im good a bargaining.;)

2000 is too much for that car. Offer 1500 & don't come up too far from that figure. There are tons of cars out there. You have the advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Its not a bad price even with the mileage. The only concern I would have with the mileage on a toyota is when you're selling it in 2 years time, you will have clocked up another bit by then and will make it hard to sell.
    And to the above comment im presuming shes looking for a 3door corolla because I personally hate them 5 door hatchbacks!:cool:

Corollas are easy to sell once priced realistically, irrespective of what mileage is on them. Looking for €2k for a 10 year old one is wishful thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I have found mine burns oil on long motorway trips.
    A common complaint made of leggy VVTi's, and a good reason to avoid one with plenty of miles on it, no matter what the price. Other's will naturally disagree, but I'd hold out for one with much less mileage or look at a Focus instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Springerman

Thanks for the replies folks, original asking was 2550, dropped to 2000, there are a lot more expensive ones out there believe it or not! With this car it appears to be the sellers market, they are a much sought after car realistically they are bullet proof!

Any way thanks for the input, will be attempting to drop another bit for price!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

bazz26 wrote: »

I bought a car similar to car (VVTI) above few months ago 90 k on the clock

Paid 2500 euro , i take it i got caught. Got a six month warranty from dealership if it makes any difference. My first corrolla , think ill stay with Toyota in future though. VW golf broke my heart

Advertisement