Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willans Estate, Ongar

Options
  • 07-09-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, we are first time buyers, we just got mortgage approved, our budget is only about 230k ... We are intrested in Willans estate in Ongar, although there are loads of houses for sale there, any particular reason? Anyone living there? How do you like it?
    All the comments and suggestions are welcome! Any more suggestions for D15 (we did not like Hunters run, Huntstown, Muldhart) ..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm tempted to whip out the popcorn and let this unfold.

But you really should read the other threads. You're catching a falling knife seems to be the new line of our times. Those houses are probably available because people are waiting for the inevitable price drop when NAMA kicks in. That and checking out interest rates in the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ernestuke

dory wrote: »
    I'm tempted to whip out the popcorn and let this unfold.

But you really should read the other threads. You're catching a falling knife seems to be the new line of our times. Those houses are probably available because people are waiting for the inevitable price drop when NAMA kicks in. That and checking out interest rates in the coming year.
    What about NAMA?
    Just really sick of renting with 2 children :mad: Our current landlords are selling a house, so if not buying our own, its moving again.. Untill the next time..
    So will the prices drop again soon?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

ernestuke wrote: »
    What about NAMA?
    Just really sick of renting with 2 children :mad: Our current landlords are selling a house, so if not buying our own, its moving again.. Untill the next time..
    So will the prices drop again soon?

I don't quite understand the whole thing and what I do know is mostly from this forum. But from what I gather, NAMA is taking over a lot of property and then will be selling them cheap to get rid of them, driving down the prices of other properties.

Just look through the other threads! Loads has been said very recently.

Advertisement