Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a site that uses Ebay as inventory

Options
  • 07-09-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would like to create a site that uses Ebay listings. For example, if someone searched on "second hand widgets", it would give them a listing from ebay of second hand widgets.

I would only list Ire/UK and EU listings to start with if possible. The particular product would have a decent second hand market (and new), and it's something that people do a lot of research around online these days before buying.

I have an idea of the website I want, but don't know how to build it...

Is it easy to build?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Andy_Black

Hi,

Google for:
    BANS (Build A Niche Store)
    Datafeedr

I'm sure there are other Wordpress plugins for eBay too.

I believe that the trick with getting accepted on the eBay affiliate program is that you have to have a live site with content on it that isn't just going to be their listings.

I hope that helps.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. You have pointed me in the right direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

You could also do a search on ebay for whatever the product details are and copy the RSS url for that particular query string then use something like RSS2HTML to convert that RSS feed to a static page on your site.

Advertisement