Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange and unusual places to pierce

Options
  • 07-09-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello there.

Would anyone know of any crazy places to get pierced? Ive got a few [iercings in my ear and i've gotten dermals on my shoulders but they fell out! I would love to get something else pierced but dont know what! Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you can pinch it you can pierce it :P

Emm, maybe you could get some custom scaffolding done? Or maybe a ragnar (sp) piercing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Trying to find it on bme's wiki. Very strange one.

EDIT: Found it, it is the Nick Piercing. Nick Piercing

Ragnar? Here it is.

It's like a horizontal snug piercing. Very tricky to do but very unusual! I only know 1 girl who got it done and she lives in England I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Surface pierce through the wrist/nape/chest. Scaffold from rim to tragus. Verticle labret. Horizontal eyebrow. Dermal Dimples or my favorite, a necklace, Bioplast and lightweight beads. As Atavan said "If you can pinch it, you can pierce it".

Mmm, wrist surfaces. I want. Bad!

Although one thing to note from talking to people with them is that they can get in the way a lot. Simple things like putting hands in pockets and putting on jumpers/shirts can bump off the piercing, possibly irritating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

I've got my nape done (by Rob in Snakebite), 3 months old & healing really well. It can take 6-9 months to fully heal, but I've committed to the aftercare because I love it :D

Also have my nasal septum & right nipple done (all Rob's work), no real pain getting either done, & the after care is pretty simple.

I've been trying to think of somewhere new to get pierced for a while, but no interest in getting loads around my ears / bellybutton etc. Finally decided last night: next stop, right wrist! :cool:

Mmm, wrist surfaces. I want. Bad!

Although one thing to note from talking to people with them is that they can get in the way a lot. Simple things like putting hands in pockets and putting on jumpers/shirts can bump off the piercing, possibly irritating it.
    If it's done properly the problems are minimised. The jewellery must be a proper surface bar, staple shaped with balls on the end. Proper location and measuring are a must. The holes must be the exact width, close enough is not good enough and finally it must be pierced properly. There is a specific technique when using surface bars. Get it right and they're great but get it wrong, and quite a few do, and you may as well take out the jewellery there and then and save yourself the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 helena3691

Wheres the best place to get any of these done around Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 helena3691

Yeah i had dermals on my shoulders for a while but they fell out! I found some mad looking piercings that i must put up when i find the website again, cos i've never seen anything like it. But there amazing looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Crazy places to get pierced?? Georges arcade!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i've been wanting a new piercing myself for a while now...as i work in a hospital it can't be anything majorly visible (i've retainers in all my ear piercings and can only keep my tunnels in)... really wanted my septum done as i have a couple of months in uni to let it heal but my OH says no..i think it's soo super cute though..

thinking of getting a smiley piercing or perhaps a microdermal behind my ear...

If you want the septum done but it needs to be hidden, ask for it to be pierced with a retainer and flip it up. Then just leave it to heal while flipped up. And it shouldn't matter what the OH says :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Ragnar? Here it is.

It's like a horizontal snug piercing. Very tricky to do but very unusual! I only know 1 girl who got it done and she lives in England I think.

What's the difference between this and a conch piercing? Or is it the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

If you want the septum done but it needs to be hidden, ask for it to be pierced with a retainer and flip it up. Then just leave it to heal while flipped up. And it shouldn't matter what the OH says :D

he doesn't like the piercing at all, i didn't actually know you could get pierced with a retainer though....my plan was to allow it to heal with a barbell and then put in a retainer for when i'm in the hospital...

ergonomics wrote: »
    What's the difference between this and a conch piercing? Or is it the same?

Nah they're placed differently the ragnar is more similar to a snug piercing.

A conch piercing is more inner ear, like this

smallstretched.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 omcc91

What does anyone reckon about an ear head piercing? Don't know if they're all that rare, but I haven't seen them before and kinda fancy one...

304339pw600.jpg

Did some a few years ago, but haven't been asked for one in at least 2 years. Nice piercing and with a bent barbell its very comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

vertical lobe through an already stretched lobe, been done before. Guy I know in the states has a vertical labret through a large stretched labret. I will try dig up pics

Also seen 2 10mm tunnels side by side with a horizontal bar going through them, looked awesome!

Also seen 2 10mm tunnels side by side with a horizontal bar going through them, looked awesome!
    Lovely piercing, pig to get jewellery for though.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine so with trying to find tunnels with holes in them!

I've a drill press... pretty easy thing to do

Will wrote: »

Hmm.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Is there any pics of one of those piercings floating about.

Yes actually

519318883a7417809702l.jpg

Will wrote: »
    I may have to have a talk with you ;)

Yeah cool, I've some old steel eyelets il try it out on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 omcc91

cheers pierced off, i got it done today and i really like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OP check out a few of the piercings on BMEzine! Now there are VERY unusual piercings on that site! (Can't post here, very NSFW!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

helena3691 wrote: »
    Hello there.

Would anyone know of any crazy places to get pierced? Ive got a few [iercings in my ear and i've gotten dermals on my shoulders but they fell out! I would love to get something else pierced but dont know what! Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Maybe get a cleavage piercing? You need to have enough loose skin between your boobs to get it done but it looks fab when done. Unfortunately I couldn't get it done as didn't have enough skin that was loose. I have had my nape done about 4 years now, never ever want to take it out even when it gets caught the odd time on scarves and stuff! I love it and love people's reactions when they cop it. If that's not crazy enough, perhaps consider getting a 'necklace' of them across the back of your neck.

Advertisement