Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with online purchase from the U.S.

Options
  • 07-09-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Ten months ago I ordered an item from a web site in the U.S. paying by credit card. I received it shortly afterwards. The item developed a fault a few months back and as there is a lifetime guarantee, I got an RMA and sent it back.

now I've been chasing up the online shop for the return but I'm getting a very poor customer service response as to what is happening. firs of all my order status shows a USPS tracking number where the status is simply picked up in early August then the customer service either ignores my information requests and at one point stated that it wasn't ready yet.

The problem for me is not knowing what is happening and it will soon be two months since they had it for repair. So I was wondering what avenues I have to follow up.

Obviously the normal consumer complaints channels e.g. small claims court are of no use. So I was wondering if I can threaten a credit card charge-back for example even though it's ten months since I first made the purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What product was it that you got a lifetime guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    What product was it that you got a lifetime guarantee?

Piece of jewelry - there's a one year comprehensive warranty and after that there's a shipping charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Better Business Bureau in the local area of the United States where the company is located?

Advertisement