Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 Attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

...and yet from the above carnage the FBI were able to produce the passport of one of the hijackers?

Reeeeeeeeeeight.

Yes, along with a variety of other flammable/paper objects thrown clear of the fires. So hard to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

...and yet from the above carnage the FBI were able to produce the passport of one of the hijackers?

Reeeeeeeeeeight.

You know this is one of the things i find very strange. Not that it happened but that people think it's odd.

In 1922 during the Irish civil war the Public records office in the Four Courts blew up after a bombardment by the Free State forces. The rebels had been using it to store ammunition.
    As we stood near the gate there was a loud shattering explosion … The munitions block and a portion of Headquarters block went up in flames and smoke … The yard was littered with chunks of masonry and smouldering records; pieces of white paper were gyrating in the upper air like seagulls. The explosion seemed to give an extra push to roaring orange flames which formed patterns across the sky. Fire was fascinating to watch; it had a spell like running water. Flame sang and conducted its own orchestra simultaneously. It can’t be long now, I thought, until the real noise comes.

Ernie O’Malley, The Singing Flame

There was paper all over the place from what I've read.

Now in 2001 Americans didn't need a passport to board a plane. So after the plane crashed they found one passport belonging to a hijacker, who would need it for ID. They found several other ID's and personal effects of the other passengers. Given the right conditions items that are light should be blasted away by the explosion, it's what would be expected not the other way around. See why I find the CT odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Soveriegn wrote: »
    . When they said the towers were built to withstand several hits from a Boeing 707 jet

Can you tell me who "they" are.

Can you post a link for me to read about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

meglome wrote: »
    You know this is one of the things i find very strange. Not that it happened but that people think it's odd.

It's not that odd that people find it hard to believe.. the odds of it happening are low, and I don't need a degree in physics or mathematical probability to see that. The passport was encased within a plane.. for something that small to be ejected from (instead of embedded in) the building or destroyed is very unlikely.

Even if it did happen, which to I have an open mind.. you can't possibly say that it's strange that people find it odd

It's not that odd that people find it hard to believe.. the odds of it happening are low, and I don't need a degree in physics or mathematical probability to see that. The passport was encased within a plane.. for something that small to be ejected from (instead of embedded in) the building or destroyed is very unlikely.

Even if it did happen, which to I have an open mind.. you can't possibly say that it's strange that people find it odd

The records in Dublin were encased in a large stone building and next to a store of exploding ammo, yet there was paper all over the place.

I could understand if it was the only ID or personal effect that was found, that might be odd. However they found several others. So were they all planted? Since we know as a fact light objects get thrown clear of explosions it's very plausible and very believable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The records in Dublin were encased in a large stone building and next to a store of exploding ammo, yet there was paper all over the place.

I could understand if it was the only ID or personal effect that was found, that might be odd. However they found several others. So were they all planted? Since we know as a fact light objects get thrown clear of explosions it's very plausible and very believable..

Well I'm not saying that everything was planted or even that the passport was. There's no way to test it really is there? I don't think even Mythbusters would touch it with a 20ft Chicken Gun! Though, if a fish tank is filled with water and blue confetti and you fire a (scaled) plastic capsule filled with red confetti into it at a scaled speed.. which color would have the most ejected material? And how would someone have been able to find the few pieces of "red" stuff in such a rushed and panic filled situation?

Well I'm not saying that everything was planted or even that the passport was. There's no way to test it really is there? I don't think even Mythbusters would touch it with a 20ft Chicken Gun! Though, if a fish tank is filled with water and blue confetti and you fire a (scaled) plastic capsule filled with red confetti into it at a scaled speed.. which color would have the most ejected material?

Of course there is no way to be sure. The point I'm making is it isn't quite as outrageous to believe as the CT would have us believe. I've been told you'd have to be an idiot to believe such a thing. But when you look at it there are examples from other places showing that paper objects get blasted away. So for me it's very plausible especially as the items from the other passengers were found too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

I was in Washington during the Summer and went out to the pentagon..What amazes me is that it has so many cameras etc (and prob had the same 9 yrs ago) so why was there only one piece of flash footage ever released???
    There are airports either side and the "plane" must have been off its flight track for ages and to land a plane there would in my view require some skill!!!!!

As someone who groans at the word "conspiracy" these days, and seen as most threads in this forum are usually just ridiculous, I do have to admit that I do feel that the buildings wouldn't collapse with that plane impact.

One thing that struck me as a bit odd, if nothing else, is that, I know they had a no fly zone for five miles surrounding the towers, but why didn't they instantly have Fire & Rescue planes and helicopters shooting past the towers dropping and throwing water and stuff to try and get rid of the fire?

I'd have assumed that with a fire in such a tall building, an ariel approach would be the first thing to come to mind?

Anyway, I don't think I believe that the towers could collapse that easily. It seemed a little too over the top. Had the plane crashed lower into the tower, or even hit it at a downward angle, where it could have damaged the foundations (which were what? 20 stories underground or something?) then I'd find it more credible.

That said, I struggle to find it as a conspiracy theory. It just doesn't make sense. Firstly, there's no real reason to drop the towers, in my opinion. I remember reading that there were structural issues with the towers or that there were chemicals or some such that were causing issues (can't think of the name of it) but that it was going to cost them more money to fix up the towers than they'd make off them in rent, etc. for many years to come?

But sure if that's true, then surely just a "ladies and gents, enjoy the towers while you can, we'll be knocking them on 11/9/01" notice would suffice?

Anyway, the biggest conspiracy theory killer for me, is that there would have to be far too many people involved to make it work, and you'd never be able to keep that many people quiet.

There are a lot of resources required. Between demolition experts, people who can, not only fly planes, but are trained highly enough to hit such a narrow targets dead centre, you'd need security people in the building letting the demolition people in, airport people would have to not stop the hijackers as that would ruin the plan, etc. etc.

It just doesn't seem feasible that it could happen. You'd never get that many to stay quiet, and if they were americans, what the hell do you offer to the person flying the plane?

Fair enough, you can approach mr demolition expert and offer him 20 million, or a billion or whatever, and he'll be in, but what do you say to the bloke who's getting killed? I don't see many people volunteering for that role, to be honest.

And if it was a case of "fly the plane into the building, or you'll be killed by us anyway", then surely he'd just fly off somewhere outside of the US, tell everyone what was going to happen and blow their cover?

Even if Bush & Co. denied it, they'd never be able to continue with the plans (besides, if someone did say it was all a Bush plan to take down the towers, surely the explosives that are all in place would be uncovered by the media and such?

There are just too many people needed to do it, and I don't think it's credible.

The only thing that pisses me off is that they're not rebuilding the towers. They were a huge part of the New York cityscape. It's a disgrace that replicas aren't being put in their place.

I was in Washington during the Summer and went out to the pentagon..What amazes me is that it has so many cameras etc (and prob had the same 9 yrs ago) so why was there only one piece of flash footage ever released???
    There are airports either side and the "plane" must have been off its flight track for ages and to land a plane there would in my view require some skill!!!!!

You know this is another one of the old chestnuts about the 911. People say there was hi-res cameras all over the building in 2001. Yet not once have i seen a picture of these cameras, in 9 years. When you have armed guards all around a building cameras don't need to be a priority. And as I have pointed out on many occasions security cameras point downward not up into the sky. The gate camera was lucky to catch anything at all, even a partial frame.
    As someone who groans at the word "conspiracy" these days, and seen as most threads in this forum are usually just ridiculous, I do have to admit that I do feel that the buildings wouldn't collapse with that plane impact.

Well to be fair they didn't, they collapsed from the impacts and subsequent fires.
    One thing that struck me as a bit odd, if nothing else, is that, I know they had a no fly zone for five miles surrounding the towers, but why didn't they instantly have Fire & Rescue planes and helicopters shooting past the towers dropping and throwing water and stuff to try and get rid of the fire?

I'd have assumed that with a fire in such a tall building, an ariel approach would be the first thing to come to mind?

A plane flying at 500mph covers 5miles in how long?

The fires were inside the buildings, dropping water on the roof would have no impact whosoever.
    Anyway, I don't think I believe that the towers could collapse that easily. It seemed a little too over the top. Had the plane crashed lower into the tower, or even hit it at a downward angle, where it could have damaged the foundations (which were what? 20 stories underground or something?) then I'd find it more credible.

No one did. However the engineer of the buildings say they designed them to take the impact of a 707 without fuel. They were hit by bigger planes, with way more fuel and at a high speed. They were not designed for that and failed.
    That said, I struggle to find it as a conspiracy theory. It just doesn't make sense. Firstly, there's no real reason to drop the towers, in my opinion. I remember reading that there were structural issues with the towers or that there were chemicals or some such that were causing issues (can't think of the name of it) but that it was going to cost them more money to fix up the towers than they'd make off them in rent, etc. for many years to come?

But sure if that's true, then surely just a "ladies and gents, enjoy the towers while you can, we'll be knocking them on 11/9/01" notice would suffice?

Anyway, the biggest conspiracy theory killer for me, is that there would have to be far too many people involved to make it work, and you'd never be able to keep that many people quiet.

I struggle to find one that makes sense myself. There was a problem with asbestos but from the newspaper articles of the time it looks like it was manageable. Plus the towers were mostly full.

There are a lot of resources required. Between demolition experts, people who can, not only fly planes, but are trained highly enough to hit such a narrow targets dead centre, you'd need security people in the building letting the demolition people in, airport people would have to not stop the hijackers as that would ruin the plan, etc. etc.

It just doesn't seem feasible that it could happen. You'd never get that many to stay quiet, and if they were americans, what the hell do you offer to the person flying the plane?

You've hit the nail on the head... to accept even half the CT's there would need to thousands involved and like you I think it would be pretty impossible to keep them all quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With regards to the finding of the passport, my issue with that was always that, if the government were going to plant some sort of evidence, or claim they had some sort of evidence that the proposed hijacker was on the plane, there would have been better, more obvious ways to do it. While I believe it is possible that the passport could be found, it's also pretty unlikely and very dependent on a number of factors.

Whereas if they did something like plant loads of witnesses in the airport who saw him get on the plane and could recognise him, or fake a call from the hijacker on the plane before the plane struck or something. Things like that would likely be easier to prove and harder to disprove than the finding of his passport. Let's face it, the theory is that the government had been planning this for years. Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

With regards to an air drop of water, as said previously, the fires and damage were several stories below. Very little water would have reached it. Not to mention that with the structure damaged by the impact of the plane and weakened by fire, the additional force of impact and weight of the water could have actually caused more damage and caused the building to collapse quicker

With regards to the finding of the passport, my issue with that was always that, if the government were going to plant some sort of evidence, or claim they had some sort of evidence that the proposed hijacker was on the plane, there would have been better, more obvious ways to do it. While I believe it is possible that the passport could be found, it's also pretty unlikely and very dependent on a number of factors.

Whereas if they did something like plant loads of witnesses in the airport who saw him get on the plane and could recognise him, or fake a call from the hijacker on the plane before the plane struck or something. Things like that would likely be easier to prove and harder to disprove than the finding of his passport. Let's face it, the theory is that the government had been planning this for years. Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

What would the government have to gain by planting a passport exactly? The guy was videoed getting on the plane, his name was on the plane's manifest, the recorded calls from the United flight attendent explicitly stated that he was one of the hijackers. There's no need for a passport to establish his involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I agree. I'm saying that if they were going to go to the trouble of planting a passport amongst the rubble to implicate that person, there would be easier and more believable ways to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

It's odd first of all that your comaprison point is a Dublin stone building in a 1922 explosion.
    This was a plane engulfed by fire from an exposed fuel tanks inside a building.
    It seems the 1922 explosion would have sent material outward rapidly as part of the explosion? The explosion inside a plane inisde the building as resulting from fuel seems as if it would've been far more contained and burns for hours; to find the one of the passsports you were looking after all that was truly remarkable -

stevejazzx wrote: »
    It's odd first of all that your comaprison point is a Dublin stone building in a 1922 explosion.
    It seems the 1922 explosion would have sent material outward rapidly as part of the explosion? The explosion inside a plane inisde the building as resulting from fuel seems as if it would've been far more contained and burns for hours; to find the one of the passsports you were looking after all that was truly remarkable -

It's not really that remarkable at all - it was thrown well beyond the the fires - just as the scores of lifejackets, paper documentation, cushions etc that were reported by people on the ground at the wtc and nearby. Suqami was in row ten, and then outside the cockpit, so he (and his passport) would have been at the front of the impact - presumably the best position to have small objects thrown clear of the building and fireball.

alastair wrote: »
    It's not really that remarkable at all - it was thrown well beyond the the fires - just as the scores of lifejackets, paper documentation, cushions etc that were reported by people on the ground at the wtc and nearby. Suqami was in row ten, and then outside the cockpit, so he (and his passport) would have been at the front of the impact - presumably the best position to have small objects thrown clear of the building and fireball.

I take your point; but you say scores of other material? Much of this material would indistinguisable from the building material no? Obviously we can exclude things like passports and plane parts!! but documents, cushions, seat attachments? My point that the scores of material you mention might may well not all be from the plane.
    How many passports were recovered in total - I've google can't seem to find that? if this is the only one then I tihnk people would have reason to be suspicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I take your point; but you say scores of other material? Much of this material would indistinguisable from the building material no? Obviously we can exclude things like passports and plane parts!! but documents, cushions, seat attachments? My point that the scores of material you mention might may well not all be from the plane.
    How many passports were recovered in total - I've google can't seem to find that? if this is the only one then I tihnk people would have reason to be suspicious.

Seat cushions, life vests, personal ID, and even mail carried in the plane's hold were all recovered from ground zero.

Di0genes wrote: »
    Seat cushions, life vests, personal ID, and even mail carried in the plane's hold were all recovered from ground zero.

Fair enough point conceeded somewhat but I can't find a passport count, you've been embroiled in this 9/11 stuff for gaes perhaps you've seen it before? surely not just one of the hijackers?

Fair enough point conceeded somewhat but I can't find a passport count, you've been embroiled in this 9/11 stuff for gaes perhaps you've seen it before? surely not just one of the hijackers?

Just the one passport afaik - but keep in mind a lot of the passengers wouldn't have had passports on them - even the non-US passengers at the time - various other ID was fine for internal flights.

Just the one passport afaik - but keep in mind a lot of the passengers wouldn't have had passports on them - even the non-US passengers at the time - various other ID was fine for internal flights.

• Advertisement

As Alastier pointed out the majority of the passengers were US citizens on internal flights. Even today only 22% of US citizens own passports. A driving licence (which most americans possess) was sufficient ID. A driving licence in the US is credit card sized and can fit into your wallet (unlike ours) so it's the most likely piece of ID that most passengers used. The hijackers not being US citizens wouldn't possess driving licence, and were more likely to use passports for their ID.

I'm not sure either but it'd be a bit thick if they didn't to be honest. The towers were designed in 1960. WWII ended in 1945, The US was being attacked by kamikaze pilots who full speed with full fuel capacity and torpedoes and the like just 15 years earlier. The achitect who designed the towers was even American-Japanese.

Just going out on a limb here, I think in 1960 the architects would have been less worried about Japanese suicide pilots crossing the pacific, and then y'know the entire continent of North America before flying into the towers, and perhaps more concerned about the USSR's Atomic bombs.

As Alastair said the blast wave will push light objects ahead of it. But you're right it's likely a lot less paper would have survived the 911 crash and explosion than would have in 1922. However the principal is the same, light objects can get blasted away. Like ID's, like mail, like life vests, like seat cushions etc. Given the number of light objects that were blown clear it seems very plausible it happened as officially stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Once upon a time there were nineteen magical jihadists from a far away land..........

http://tyrannyalert.com/9-11%20fairy%20tale.pdf

squod wrote: »
    Once upon a time there were nineteen magical jihadists from a far away land..........

http://tyrannyalert.com/9-11%20fairy%20tale.pdf

1. Intercepts were launched. It takes more than 90 minutes to "scramble" a plane.

2. Steel frames structures have collapsed due to fire.

3. Black smoke doesn't equal a fire going out.

4. As has been pointed out the fire didn't need to melt the steel.

Shall I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Can anyone explain why there was no fuselage, engine debris et. found at the pentagon crash site?

Can anyone explain why there was no fuselage, engine debris et. found at the pentagon crash site?

No need to as there were. Though ramming a plane at high speed into a reinforced concrete building isn't going to leave much.

http://www.911myths.com/html/757_wreckage.html

Because they were actually found at the pentagon?

PentagonDebrisMontagecopy1-full.jpg

00Pentdebris-full.jpg

757-americanlogo-custom-size-656-406.jpg

Furthermore this

317_pentagon_approach.jpg

Thats an 8 lane highway, the plane flew so low that it clipped lamp posts, at 9 o'clock in the morning. The middle of rush hour. Simply put it would be like flying a 737 over your head at the red cow roundabout while you're in a traffic jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I don't think you're right in saying there was no engine debris found at the pentagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

In fairness those pictures are not the best(of the crash site)

images%3Fq%3Dplane%2Bcrash%2Bimage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D828%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C1653&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=338&vpy=410&dur=1400&hovh=174&hovw=290&tx=174&ty=107&ei=oJ6HTJeJFNjNjAeortWqDg&oei=kZ6HTL_aOpe8jAf8rcmbCQ&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:40&biw=1280&bih=828

images%3Fq%3Dplane%2Bcrash%2Bimage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D828%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C2736&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=572&vpy=409&dur=2477&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=173&ty=65&ei=CZ-HTJmXN4KQjAeAndjYCA&oei=kZ6HTL_aOpe8jAf8rcmbCQ&esq=5&page=5&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:80&biw=1280&bih=828

images%3Fq%3Dplane%2Bcrash%2Bimage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D828%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3591&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=377&vpy=108&dur=430&hovh=164&hovw=246&tx=141&ty=98&ei=H5-HTIjOCcKSjAeF0uDFCA&oei=kZ6HTL_aOpe8jAf8rcmbCQ&esq=6&page=6&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:100&biw=1280&bih=828

Isn't there usually large sections of th plane (i.e tail section & engine) usually found intact? the photos you have posted are tiny pieces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement