Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL suppliers for broadband in Douglas area, Cork.

• 07-09-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm currently looking to get broadband for a house near Carr's hill in Douglas in Cork. I was initially going with eircom for phone line and broadband, however they were a complete shower with a few different things (had an appointment for an engineer to call out to set up the line, took the day off work, engineer didnt show up and didn't hear anything from them, eircom kept saying he'd be there in half an hour whenever I rang etc.) I cancelled the order from eircom, with the hope that I could get a suitable wireless solution, however we can't get line of sight with any of the wireless providers near us.

I've an order put in again for a phone line from eircom, however I really dont want to give them the business for the broadband. My understanding is that any of the providers I can get will be using the eircom exchange near me, therefore is there much of a difference which supplier I get?

I was looking at Magnet, and I can get their Magnet swift 8mb package, which has a better dl limit, and a contention ratio of 12:1 for 40 euro a month. Eircom is around the same for there 7mb with dl limit and 48:1 ratio. Should I think about vodafone or are they a no go?

Advertisement