Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onsite ticketmaster at Electric Picnic..

Options
  • 07-09-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Just a warning in case anyone else might have a similar problem and they might not be aware

Arrived at electric picnic ticket office on friday after 9pm, tried to purchase two tickets for myself and bf using his credit cards. The lady at the office tried the card twice and said it was declined i kinda thought it was strange coz the card is nowhere near the limit. so i asked the reason and she said that there was no reason showing up.

i then gave her my laser card which she also tried to process and it wasn't going through so she then decided to process the card manually

so i checked my card and noticed i had been debited €480 twice but my bf also contacted MBNA and his card has two transactions of €480 also.

has anyone else experienced the same situation??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Could have just been a terminal fault/line fault at the time. Just ring your bank, let them know you were mistakenly double charged (print copies of your statement and your boyfriends and hang on to them just in case). Your bank and the boyfriend's CC company will tell you how to request a chargeback.

It's happened me once or twice that payments were doubled on my card by mistake, and it's always been sorted out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynner83

thanks a mill for the advice contacted the bank and cc company and they advised me to contact ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lynner83 wrote: »
    thanks a mill for the advice contacted the bank and cc company and they advised me to contact ticketmaster.
    no this is not the case, your bank must sort this out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Start with Ticketmaster - they can reverse the transactions. If they're not being helpful, then go to Card Services in your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This is a lesson when using your card for anything.

If the transaction fails get the receipt saying it failed. If seen this a few times where the person just throws them in the bin without asking !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

THe problem is usually with the bank and they send you on a wild goose chase to the retailer.
    get ticket master to confirmthat they dont have the money and then demand that the bank credit your account immediatly.
    its shoddy practice from tha banks and im sure that they make millions from this as well from people that dont check their statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Always get that piece of paper saying transaction failed.

Advertisement