Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB 2008 executable

Options
  • 07-09-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Novice here.
    I have created a simple application using visual basic 2008 express edition. It works perfectly but i would like to be able to run it without going into VB, i.e create an executable, an application which I could run on any PC.
    Is this possible, if so how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

It already creates an executable when you run it in Visual Studio - it compiles your code first, then runs it for you :)

To compile/build it without running it, just use "Build Solution" from the menu. The binary files (executables) are usually in the "Bin" folder off your project folder, either /Debug or /Release depending on which type of build you picked. You can copy those (plus any dependencies) elsewhere and run them if you want. They should usually run on pretty much any Windows PC, though obviously it'll need the .NET Framework installed, as it's .NET apps you're building with VB.NET.

Advertisement