Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing address

• 07-09-2010 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Do you have to provide evidence of your new address when you change address while on jobseekers allowance? Or can you just tell them your new address and that's it? Would utility bills/bank statements suffice? Or do they make you fill out a form?

The reason I ask is because I have moved into a new place and the landlord has not declared himself for tax. That is none of my business and I would not be willing to fill out a form that requires his details or signature. So what's the deal with changing address, what does it entail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Just bring in a bill or bank statement the next time you sign on. You must be still living in the same area as before to keep on signing at the same office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭sickofwaiting

Ill still be living in the same area alright. The thing is I know of a guy who is going back to college and is switching from JA to BTEA. He is also in the process of moving house. When he told them this they gave him a form to fill out that looks for details of the landlord. I'm wondering is this standard procedure now? Or would they still take a bill/bank statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

To be honest if you walked into different dole offices they would all have different procedures for this. They may give you a landlord's form or may not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

My experience of this when giving a new Address is that your case is closed in one instance, and re-opened in the next. I can't recall if going through a brand new Application was required with a case closed, I think if memory serves, with much angered phone calls put in to a few SW Branch offices, possibly at the risk of further grief/strife from me and trying to be sensitive to my situation lol, they said nothing and things were just basically re-newed with minimal hassle. But I didn't find out for ages that my Case had been closed, (and actually was payment less frequent than weekly at that time if I can remember?!?) But anyway some monies had been held back, I could have been getting current monies I think, so I didn't realise what was happening. It was quite messy for a bit, I did eventually get back what I was owed, what I should have been getting just a little bit later and messier lol. Was going to write a bit more on this but don't want to go off-topic.

If there is a new SW Branch Office where you are moving to, go into them, and explain that you think you'll be dealing with them as you are moving house, just ask them directly do ya need a new application form filled out. Don't give them a chance to go "Humming and hawing." A couple of days later maybe put in a phone-call to old office, ask them if your case has been closed as you've moved. My thoughts are that it would be. :) And hopefully your change of address processing should be underway! :) I went about it the opposite way around, and after giving my info etc., about change of Address, annoyingly discovered well it was the impression I got anyway, that the old SW Office hadn't done a thing about it! Just left it there and me out in the cold when my money was with-held. But with contacting new office you'd be dealing with that should (I think but no expert lol!) keep progress in running lol for changes to be taken into account so that your money won't be stopped.

Advertisement