Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: Harcourt Hotel. Harcourt St, Dublin Stay

Options
  • 07-09-2010 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Harcourt Hotel. Harcourt St, Dublin Stay Review

Stayed for three days last month while attending to work and some night shows, Monday to Wednesday. In those three days the hotel was clean and basic in its facilities but they charged enough for even that.

Night time was a nightmare. With the bars and disco's (not to mention their own which opens mid week onwards) that exist on the street, the noise at night was unreal. It began about 10pm approx' rising in people and decibel volume as each night progressed in hour of time till about four in the morning - and we were on the third floor!
    We should have known right away, for we discovered the hotel supplies ear plugs that are found in the lockers of our room. The windows for blocking out street noise were absolutely useless, stiff and old. The paint cracking on them.

Regarding our room, we told them we wanted a double bed.
    What we got was two single beds shoved together - and a cramped small room to boot!
    As the beds were two singles, there was a thick crease line from each edge of the touching mattresses running down the middle so that alone made sleeping uncomfortable besides anything else.

One morning the cleaner just decided to let themselves in while we were in bed - that did NOT impress us at all.

I would NOT recommend this hotel if your looking for a good nights sleep.
    I would also recommend that you ask to see your room before you pay up when you sign in.
    NOTE: Yes, they make sure they get the money from you first as you book in just in case you decide to look for alternative accommodation when you see how bad it gets at night!

The front door by the way looks and is a fire exit door that swings out.
    We actually walked past it not knowing that it was the main entrance. Not exactly an attraction on the street which is a shame for the reception was actually nice.

Hotel would be good for students or young travellers who would probably be sleeping less but if your a couple who like their peace too, looking for a romantic break or a business person who appreciates quietness at night, I'd try elsewhere.

NOT recommended as a place to stay.

bedroomnk.th.jpg The double bed that turned out to be two singles in a squashed room!
    doort.th.jpg The Front.
    earplugs.th.jpg Ear plugs supplied!!!

The long story short is that we should have read Tripadvisor website or others like it, about the hotel before we booked it.
    I did post a review to the Tripadvisor site about the hotel - but they rejected it - won't allow it to be seen. So I'm suspicious about that site too now.

Advertisement