Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco epc2425 just installed today. Major issues

• 07-09-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We just got our Cable/Phone/Net installed today and were given a Cisco 2425 router. Now the download spedds are great but we have a packet loss of up to 85%.

When I try and access the site mentioned in another thread about it, the 192.168.1.1, I can't get it, comes back as unable to load. So I am unable to try things like disable the firewall etc.

Does anyone have any idea how I can reduce the package loss on this thing, as I'm not sure if they even have a different model here on Casey in Dungarvan.

EDIT: Ok, I just found out the address is .0.1 not .1.1 so I accessed that now and disabled the firewall. Now the package loss is down to 12% but still not all that great when uploading. Speedtest cant even test an upload. Any ideas???

Would be greatful for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Drae1 wrote: »
    We just got our Cable/Phone/Net installed today and were given a Cisco 2425 router. Now the download spedds are great but we have a packet loss of up to 85%.

When I try and access the site mentioned in another thread about it, the 192.168.1.1, I can't get it, comes back as unable to load. So I am unable to try things like disable the firewall etc.

Does anyone have any idea how I can reduce the package loss on this thing, as I'm not sure if they even have a different model here on Casey in Dungarvan.

EDIT: Ok, I just found out the address is .0.1 not .1.1 so I accessed that now and disabled the firewall. Now the package loss is down to 12% but still not all that great when uploading. Speedtest cant even test an upload. Any ideas???

Would be greatful for any help.

You could try disabling IP flood detection?
    Everyone using the UPC 2425 does that and it improves things no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

definitely disable IP flood, also try going into network configuration under basic settings and check the primary/secondary dns, reset them to all 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

ring 1908 its free.. get tech support desk to remote into your settings save yourself playing around with settings for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Runs Cold wrote: »
    ring 1908 its free.. get tech support desk to remote into your settings save yourself playing around with settings for ages.

The OP is on Casey broadband in Dungarvan not UPC whose phone number is 1908

Advertisement