Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap cocktails and good food

Options
  • 07-09-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Planning on heading out with the girlfriend this week. Anyone have any ideas where does cheapish cocktails aswell as decent food preferably city centre or north dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Captain Americas do student nights on Monday to Wednesday. Good prices, not sure about the food but I hear it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Alfies on South William Street do nice cocktails and the food is cheap but decent. Or try Dandelion they do cheap cocktails and 2 for 1 dinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Green Nineteen on Camden Street. 10'r for a main course! Cocktails are a bit more pricey at 8 euro but they are tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Cheers for that.

Was planning on heading out friday night and drinking lots of cocktails:) However I know alot of places do 5 euro coctails which over the course of a good few drinks would save alot as opposed to places doing them for 8/10 euro. Wanted to get a good meal in with that aswell.

As an aside, anyone any idea what Legends Bar on Dame street is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

You should go to Dandelion on Stephen's Green. They have gorgeous food and a lovely restaurant.

Main courses are 2 for 1 at the mo and the average price is around 14 euro.

Also, the have a good cocktail menu and all cocktails are 5 euro each. :D

I'm not 100% sure if the deal is on on weekends though, it's definitely on throughout mid-week. You should give them a buzz and check. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

Havanas on Georges Street do pitchers of cocktails and the food is to die for! Good atmosphere too....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You should go to Dandelion on Stephen's Green. They have gorgeous food and a lovely restaurant.

Main courses are 2 for 1 at the mo and the average price is around 14 euro.

Also, the have a good cocktail menu and all cocktails are 5 euro each. :D

I'm not 100% sure if the deal is on on weekends though, it's definitely on throughout mid-week. You should give them a buzz and check. :)

The cocktail deal isn't on at the weekends unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

kellyj77 wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

Was planning on heading out friday night and drinking lots of cocktails:) However I know alot of places do 5 euro coctails which over the course of a good few drinks would save alot as opposed to places doing them for 8/10 euro. Wanted to get a good meal in with that aswell.

As an aside, anyone any idea what Legends Bar on Dame street is like?

Forgive me if I'm making assumptions here but I have learned that cheap cocktails are generally very low on the alcohol content and therefore can be a rip off. Just saying

Depends what cocktails. The 3 euro Captain America ones have barely any alcohol in them, the Dandelion and TGIF cocktails are the real deal- they're gorgeous!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yamamoori do cocktails for €5/€5.50 Monday to Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Capitol does 5 euro cocktails too.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

Piste wrote: »
    The cocktail deal isn't on at the weekends unfortunately :(

That's a pity, sorry lads. :o

Definitely worth it during the week though. Their cocktails are good, unlike some places that have 5 euro cocktails.

I have a friend who knows a guy who works in Capitol and apparently their 5 euro cocktails have féck all alcohol in them at all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would you give up the cheap cocktails for a good wine you'll get the same effect ; )

Fx Buckleys in temple bar have a good value meal I think its 26per person for 3 courses, youd have a bottle of wine included for about 75 all in. it's good value for great food. Be warned its not a place for vegetarians.

The steaks are some of the best in dublin, the stake alone would cost you 26 in most places.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Bernard Shaw does two Mojitos/Nina Simones/Long Island Ice Teas for a tenner, and the Big Blue Bus in the beer garden serves pizza from Thursdays to Sundays. Gorgeous pizzas, and it really is a bus! Nice idea for a date. http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/bigbluebus/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

JennyAnt wrote: »
    Havanas on Georges Street do pitchers of cocktails and the food is to die for! Good atmosphere too....

Isn't there food just reheated in a microwave before being served?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Cafe en Seine does 5e cocktails Sun-Thurs and they're suprisingly good

Advertisement