Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow Kit-define the brow?

• 07-09-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi,

just wondering if anyone knows where i can get an eyebrow kit-consisting of brow powder for blondes so i think in a taupe/light brown colour with a brow brush?
    Ive plucked them too much and now they're a tad sparse looking! i love that Kim kardashian think brow look that can only be achieved with powder (not an eyebrow pencil)...i wouldnt go that dark of course, would look weird with my blonde hair!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

i dunno about a kit but illamasqua do a thing called eyebrow cake, now i havent used it -yet! :D- but i plan to soon as i love everything else in their range that ive tried so id say its worth a try!! they do a good range of colours too! i cant speak highly enough of the illamasqua range!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

You could always use some matte brown eyeshadows to fill in your brows. Cheaper and you will have the shadows aswell!! double plus! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    You could always use some matte brown eyeshadows to fill in your brows. Cheaper and you will have the shadows aswell!! double plus! :D

that too!
    this is what ive been doing! using a slanted eyeliner brush to create an arch, it does work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

sorry to butt in, this is something of great interest to little old no eyebrows me!
    i have terrible eyebrows, hardly nothing left now asides from a kinda dr spock look! and im naturally very fair so blondey eyebrows. I have always used pencil and am an expert at it by now, managing not to get the obvious drawn on look...ive always wanted to try powder but does it last? i would of thought it would just absorb into the skin too quickly...like you cant build it up like regular eyeshadow.
    i have one of those mac angled eyeliner brushes, figure that would be the thing to use

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Structurally Sound Mentally Unstable

Hi ladies!
    I am a bit of a brow addict myself and am a blonde too so I hope I can help.

Personally I use the brow express kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have light eyebrows but I have the blonde version which contains two colours, a highlighter, wax to set, angled brush and a few different stencils.

The colours are powders which are amazing! You really can't go far wrong. The darker one to fill in the larger gaps and the lighter one to blend everything too. Sometimes if I am going for a more glamerous look I use the darker one to extend the length of my brow subtely. The powders are super easy to use!
    I also found the instructions really easy to use and kinda encouraged me to grow out my brows a bit which I was trying to do for years.

I got mine in the airport in Amsterdam so I don't know where you can get them in Ireland.
    This kit was perfect for a newcomer but if I was to restock I would just buy the individual powders as I have the confidence to look after my own brows completely!

When I have a few spare bobs I will try the benefit brow kit as it looks good. I am not sure if they do them in blonde. I must check that out!

To be quite honest sometimes I just use my mac angled brush and the brown liner from my benefit kits. Just be VERY light handed! :)

and maybe try this first for a night time look so if you do go a bit heavy it just looks a bit dramatic!

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Considering you're using relatively dark powder to fill in eyebrows are you at risk of it running in the rain or if you sweat?
    I'd love to have a go and play around a bit but I'd be nervous wearing it out for the above reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

Benefit Brown Kit all the way. They come in different shades so you should get one to suit you. I used to use brown pencil for years and then a couple of years ago discovered the magic of the above mentioned. It comes in a little compact with mirror, the brow powder and a setting gel/wax which you may or may not wish to use after the powder. I personally don't bother with it. Oh and a cute lil mini tweezers. Arnotts, Debenhams or BT's stock Benefit if you're based in Dublin. Get the assistant to try some on you first so you're totally sure of the shade as it's quite pricey but lasts for yonks. Most definitely worth it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

Whimsical,
    Just wanted to let you know, I've been p***ed on numerous times throughout our eh "summer" and also exercise from time to time and my brows always stay intact. No worries what so ever. Thanks be to god they never streak/run. Bless them they stay put all day long. Oh and night too when I forget to take off the slap after a night out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

rummaging through my mammoth make up bag, well i have 4 which i really need to try and find one of those train case thingys so i can store it all together, anyway i discovered i have one of those benefit brow kits, never even used!
    so im thinking use the angled mac brush with this as i am no good with little brush handles. i did try before with a brown eyeshadown but managed to get one eyebrow perfect and the other one i just couldnt master!!
    going to start practising...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I have blonde hair too, and I use Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Blonde, and the Bobbi Brown slanted brush. I find it much better than using a pencil, a lot more natural. It's better for creating a thicker look aswell. After years of wreckless plucking, this is my saviour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

I have blonde hair that I have recently dyed a dark plumy colour. My eyebrows are much lighter! lol. I use an eyeshadow to fill in with a slanted angle brush. If I am doing a darker night look, then I will fill the ends slighty with a eyeliner pencil then take my brush with a bit of eyeshadow and pull it out slightly to really get that lovely shape at the edge of my brows. Shadow will help to set this for you.
    Works well for me and it doesn't move. Incidently I also have the eyebrow palette from essence which has to colours and is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cmrm

thanks for all the replies ladies!
    im a tad skint at the mo so do these shadows cost a lot? whats a good basic shadow that works and i could get in my local Boots? Benefit are great but pricey! thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cmrm

just found a great one-L'Oreal Made for me Naturals Brow & Duo Shadow-Blonde
    its really quite good and a great shade-so think ive found what i was looking for
    They have them for light & dark brunettes too

Advertisement