Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUFAI

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Now I'm normally not one to use explititives but I have to say, as a supporter of Irish soccer, I am sitting here on my couch watching Ireland make hard work of beating a team they should realistically beat quite easily (Andorra). Now I fully know the limitations of our National football team, I know they will not suddenly produce Brazillian skills and scorelines, these games are quite tough and after all the final result is the most important thing. These so called "lower level" teams will always make games like this difficult. I'll always support our theam though. But my gripe is the fact that as a supporter of our national team I am being squeezed out of being there to support the team. I looked for tickets earlier in the week on Ticket>"£$er...... €151 for two tickets. These kind of prices are an absolute disgrace.......looking at all the empty seats in the stadium...... I'm just sick of the attitude shown by organisations like the FAI. We are living in troubled times in the country at the moment, which is really irrelevant becase prices like this are unreasonable even at the best of times.......I'm no fan of the GAA organisation, but you can get two tickets for Croke park, watch 2-3 games and it'll cost €70. We rerally need to stand up to these greedy organisations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Although your post is horrible to read, I do agree with your point.

The FAI should try and pack that place for every match and price the tickets accordingly.

In Germany, most games cost between 15 and 30 euro. This includes large club games (Bayern M) and internationals.

They regularly have packed houses and a great atmosphere at the games.

The FAI could learn a thing or two from how they do things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

How is this a consumer issue?

And to be fair you didn't look hard enough for tickets. The upper tiers were empty tonight and were €45 per seat. I bought 2 tickets for a friend yesterday 2 in the upper tiers total €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Rip Off Ireland

@tallaghtoutlaws - If you believe a post to be in the wrong forum, please report the post using the Report Post functionality.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

€45 is still a bit steep in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

The other problem with expensive tickets is that many who attend the game don't flex their voice muscles enough, which affects the atmosphere and in turn affects performance.

Why not give discount tickets to season ticket holders in league of Ireland - the true Irish soccer fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

seems like they're in too much of a rush to recoup the cost of the stadium, friendlies and games against teams like andorra should be cheap as chips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

seems like they're in too much of a rush to recoup the cost of the stadium, friendlies and games against teams like andorra should be cheap as chips

The new stadium cost €410m and holds 13,000 more than the old one. They need to recoup the money and there are not enough new seats to recoup the cost on extra capacity. Therefore all seats have to increase in price.

It would appear that the FAI have made a mess of selling the Vantage seats so the normal seats could increase yet!

Advertisement