Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sweet Life ( shop)

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

I've been going to this place for the past few weeks now. dunno when it opened..

It's a stall in the georges st arcade, and hes got a load of old skool sweets, and sweets in jars you buy in weights, lovely. eating some cough drops as we speak.

He's a sound bloke running it and will try to order in any old sweets you might be looking for.

Check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I discovered this the other day with a friend! Bought my Boyfriend some of his favourite sweets from years ago.

The guy who works there randomly gave us some free sweets to try which was awesome. :)

I will definitely be going back to get some more chocolate etc... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oooh thanks for the tip, I must check it out, if he doesn't have SatinCushions I'll be most disappointed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

star-pants wrote: »
    Oooh thanks for the tip, I must check it out, if he doesn't have SatinCushions I'll be most disappointed :D

theres a lil shop further up Augnier st - across from the YMCA, think its called Kavanaghs - they do all the old school sweets there and have them in those big jars and sell by the quater - pretty sure ive seen satin cushions there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

He's got a lot of stuff, I got cough drops, sweet peanuts, coconut mushrooms, american hard gums, and some mega sour apples the other day, ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

messrs wrote: »
    theres a lil shop further up Augnier st - across from the YMCA, think its called Kavanaghs - they do all the old school sweets there and have them in those big jars and sell by the quater - pretty sure ive seen satin cushions there:)

Aye thank you :) I know of Kavanaghs, but Georges' St Arcade is close that I could make it there & back at lunchtime ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I love The Sweet Life! Only discovered this place a few weeks ago, all the sweets are in jars and it's so nostalgic. Got a big bag of sweets, I'm going to have no teeth left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 realmadrid1

Just found it the other day and have to agree, great little place.Bought a quarter of candy letters and some toffee mice. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is a newish sweet shop in cabinteely village opposite the horse & hound pub on the road joining the N11. Think it is called la creme bon or bonne. They also do milkshakes and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

My local town has come a long way. I remember the smelly Hardy's shop on the corner as a kid where you could still get the quarter of sweets. They have set up a milkshake & sweet shop in Aungier st called Mooz. Every sweet can be turned into a hot or cold shake. Scrumplitious :) is it the same thing with Sweet Life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 realmadrid1

energy69 wrote: »
    My local town has come a long way. I remember the smelly Hardy's shop on the corner as a kid where you could still get the quarter of sweets. They have set up a milkshake & sweet shop in Aungier st called Mooz. Every sweet can be turned into a hot or cold shake. Scrumplitious :) is it the same thing with Sweet Life?

No, The Sweet Life is definitely old school with just the quarters of sweets and the childhood favourites like Wham,Kalipso,popping candy etc. Definitely worth a look, I was impressed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement