Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew WK

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

What do peeps think of this guy.
    so damn cheesy but i love it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

1st album - great
    2nd album - good
    3rd album - complete and utter rubbish

After that I lost interest. I think he released a solo piano album or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I've only listened to 'I Get Wet' and I really like it. Very uplifting and energetic, if a bit cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hes kinda like if Waynes World were a band, Waynes World is one of my favourite movies of all time so I like Andrew Wk. Its party metal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Damn, that first vid rocks! Love the way he breaks out the make believe drums while still ripping on the piano. Might go and download a few albums now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

1st album - great
    2nd album - Awful
    3rd album - great

Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

That's a blast from the past. I only ever heard the singles from his first album and while I liked them, they didn't motivate me enough to pick up an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Fixed

Are you serious? You are talking about 'Close calls with brick walls' as album no. 3 aren't you?

It sounds like it was recorded in a toilet and half the time it doesn't even sound like him. No catchy songs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Close calls with brick walls was great, not as good as the first but miles ahead of the second album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i must have liked Close Calls With Brick Walls more than the others as i still have half of that album on my mac. but not synced :/ also liked The Wolf at the time. i think his records got progressively more preposterous aka better - thought he cut his hair / lost his marbles but he is back to his old self i just noticed on youtube

didn't like the majority of his debut. found it too generically rock n samey the following albums covered a wider scope of his mad musical vision imo, instead of just rocking out

Advertisement