Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sheevaplug type device w/ monitor support?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using a squeezebox duet at the moment for connecting to music wirelessly over my network.

The thing is that requires leaving pc on all the time. Other people get around that by using a NAS or a sheevaplug+ external hd for storing the music plus running the software server.

I'm planning on doing the same, but I'd also like to be able to connect a touchscreen monitor to the device as well and create a little media centre.

Is there any plug computers that would support a touchscreen monitor or would I just be better off dedicating some old computer to the task? It doesn't have to be powerful, it just has to run the squeezebox server. Maybe a fit-PC2, but I think I could get something simpler/cheaper than that.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You could use one of these boards. Some of them have VGA.

I'd just use my phone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

have to say that stuff means nothing to me! but I'll have a look around anyway.

I have a remote for it, but it can get cumbersome so a touchscreen option would be nice.

Advertisement