Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Appeal partially allowed'

• 07-09-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. got a letter on friday saying my appeal for job seekers allowance had been partially allowed.
    I havent a clue what it means - rang my local office and she said she had never heard of any1s appeal being partially allowed.
    honestly i dont remember even appealing my disallowance but it would have been way back in january when benifit stopped so probably just cant remember.
    but another thing cant understand is it says weekly rate is €269 (which presume is dps salary??) but its effective from 28th nov '09 but sur was still on benefit till jan '10 so why would they back date it to nov '09??
    tg I eventually found a job back in march. would be at wits end waiting at this stage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

That is very confusing.
    Did you get paid at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Paid as in ??
    Yes its totally confusing.
    I was put on job seekers benefit when lost job in jan 09. benefit stopped in jan '10. I must have obviously appealed it but dont remember. Dp is self employed so official accounts for him only up to '08 were available but business was down at least 20% in 09 and this was talked about when I had my 1st interview for jsa so nothing new really would have been entered on appeal. I did get 1 letter some time early summer saying my appeal was going thru bit threw it aside thinking are they having a laugh or what. and then this 1 arrived on friday
    partially allowed - what does that mean
    effective from 28th november - why then??
    local office didnt have a clue either but she just said if there was any money due I would get it just to wait and see:eek:

deemy wrote: »
    Paid as in ??
    Yes its totally confusing.
    I was put on job seekers benefit when lost job in jan 09. benefit stopped in jan '10. I must have obviously appealed it but dont remember. Dp is self employed so official accounts for him only up to '08 were available but business was down at least 20% in 09 and this was talked about when I had my 1st interview for jsa so nothing new really would have been entered on appeal. I did get 1 letter some time early summer saying my appeal was going thru bit threw it aside thinking are they having a laugh or what. and then this 1 arrived on friday
    partially allowed - what does that mean
    effective from 28th november - why then??
    local office didnt have a clue either but she just said if there was any money due I would get it just to wait and see:eek:

I mean did they pay you JSA at all?
    And how much did they pay you if they did,it sounds like possibly they only paid you half the entitlement which you were meant to get and they are back dating what they owe you.

tanx for reply casseyann
    No never received any jsa payment. had to have means test 1st.
    was on jsb right up till cut off. asked local office when rang on fri and she said was on jsb till jan.

Almost half (44%) of those who lodged an appeal in 2003 had a favourable outcome (i.e. Allowed/Partly
    Allowed/Revised by Deciding Officer), which is in line with the overall trend in the past five years. There has
    been a considerable level of consistency over the past five years, with little change within the categories of
    outcome. While there has been a minor decrease in the proportion of appeals which are Partially Allowed,
    the overall breakdown across the categories has not seen any significant inconsistencies or discrepancies.

http://www.nclc.ie/documents/NCLCSocialWelfare.pdf

No problem looks like they found you were entitled to the money and you are going to get back dated for what they didnt give you(partially allowed perhaps amount they are giving you is not all of it?).
    It is a disgrace you had to wait that long to get anything.

• Advertisement

tanx caseyann. I guessed that I would receive a small amount of money but was thrown when local office had never heard of it b4. was weird too about the back dating to november:rolleyes:
    as for the wait jaysus its a disgrace. tg I found a job back in march. god help any1 trying to live waiting for their appeal to go thru. 9 mths is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3 didle e i

hi my job seekers benefit is due to stop soon, i now have to be means tested to get job seekers allowance. as my wife is working whats the cut off point to recieve something. cheers any help gratefull:confused:

didle e i wrote: »
    hi my job seekers benefit is due to stop soon, i now have to be means tested to get job seekers allowance. as my wife is working whats the cut off point to recieve something. cheers any help gratefull:confused:

I wouldnt have a clue about that sorry,I would say ring citizen advice and they can give you all the details.Best of luck :)

Advertisement