Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be concerned I'm pregnant?

• 07-09-2010 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

In short one night i got very drunk, and may potentially have slept with someone. My period started on the Sunday, and this event was friday night. I was taking the pill but I missed a dose and was irregular with others and it offset my period early.

My real concern is that I might be pregnant. I went to the pharmacy and took the morning after pill approximately 12 hours after the incident.

I felt quite sick one morning, and my appetite has been halved. It is now tuesday so it would be quite early for pregnancy symptoms.

Am I over reacting? Would anyone else be as concerned as I feel right now? or is it the case that the huge hormone dosage i've taken (and I restarted the pill dosage literally after the incident) taking a toll on my body.

Please dont judge. Im not a stupid person and I definately would have said "something like this could never happen to me."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'd be concerned if I were you.

You should never say never either...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Try not to worry, you're almost certainly not pregnant. You could try an early pregnancy test. What morning after pill did that pharmacist give you? They're not supposed to give you one over the counter - they're strictly prescription only in this country, rightly or wrongly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shareef

Selandia wrote: »
    Try not to worry, you're almost certainly not pregnant. You could try an early pregnancy test. What morning after pill did that pharmacist give you? They're not supposed to give you one over the counter - they're strictly prescription only in this country, rightly or wrongly

I had a doctor ring on my behalf and give an over the phone prescription...it was levonelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Your driving yourself crazy worrying about nothing. Yes there might be a .000001% chance but your more likely to get hit by a bus - relax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

shareef wrote: »
    In short one night i got very drunk, and may potentially have slept with someone. My period started on the Sunday, and this event was friday night. I was taking the pill but I missed a dose and was irregular with others and it offset my period early.

My real concern is that I might be pregnant. I went to the pharmacy and took the morning after pill approximately 12 hours after the incident.

I felt quite sick one morning, and my appetite has been halved. It is now tuesday so it would be quite early for pregnancy symptoms.

Am I over reacting? Would anyone else be as concerned as I feel right now? or is it the case that the huge hormone dosage i've taken (and I restarted the pill dosage literally after the incident) taking a toll on my body.

Please dont judge. Im not a stupid person and I definately would have said "something like this could never happen to me."

There's always a chance, but the likely hood of you being pregnant is literally 0%. You will have to wait another couple of weeks to take a test though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shareef

ok thanks everyone..ill try not to worry but i do think my hormones are all over the place at the moment...! I think i needed somewhere to vent this because I dont really have any other outlet, or someone to confide to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're finding that you're forgetting to take your pill it might be worth your while to explore different contraceptive options. Depo provera (the injection) is only done every three months or the patch is every week. Little less pressure than having to remember a tiny pill every day!

Advertisement