Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play-offs.

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

I'm in them - are you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'm in too which makes a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

yes, as you know well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I am too. Miles below the promotion line though so not getting too excited. If I could first or second for the money I would be chuffed.

Have to get past Tournafulla first though, going to be an interesting game this Friday.

Annoyingly for the first time in weeks, real life is going to mean I can't log on to BR this weekend. I will just have to hope I can get on at some stage late on Friday to setup my team for whatever is on on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I have a relegation playoff, but thats not exactly the same thing. Although it could mean some tasty boards derby against Crisco or others :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Also working the relegation playoff magic. Annoyed at myself now that I see how close I was to the actual playoffs, if only I'd won one more game :(

Happy enough though, I was expecting to be auto-relegation fodder at the start of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

In the play offs too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yep, i'm in Vs. the 3rd place team.

Won 0-34 in one game, lost 15-27 in the other.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Yep. Should really be at the top of the league, but GufinGolfini stole a march on me when they got knocked out of the cup early. Since then, I've been waiting in the long grass and aiming for fourth. The plan is to take them out in the semi, with an easier final to follow.

The team is wonderfully rested after three weeks off, which should hopefully cancel out the home teams' advantage. I'm hoping my rubbish performances of late have also convinced amleto that i'm a one-clicker, a moron or a lunatic.

Great plan on paper, but I won't be looking too clever if I lose tomorrow and end up in third with the best squad in the league. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Yep came third. Figure I need to LTNT so pretty much giving up on 1st place to go for the cash.

My youths slaughtered the other teams though :) 17 points clear. It'll pay for a weeks academy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

in as top of the league. Playing the same team that I played in last years playoffs. Beat them last year and twice this year...but reckon playoffs could be a different ball game. will need to LTNT to make sure

1 good thing is that the teams in the other semi are already tired...i think both played LTNT in last game to make sure they got into playoffs

League III.15 incase anyones interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Going to get murdered against the team a class apart from everyone else in the league - but just happy to be here and make up the numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Going to get murdered against the team a class apart from everyone else in the league

I let them win both games against me ;)

It will be a different story in the final if I can manage to put Cody1 away tonight, but those pesky wanderers seem to have a bit of a hex over me :eek:

And apart from your team, here are how the other 3 teams in the playoffs measure up (using expected lineups)

divisi11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Taking a big chance with my semi final. Decided to put the B team out against weak opposition and hope they win so will have completely fresh team for final...or bronze final if it all goes belly up.

Anyone else having trouble seeing the commentary?

Ya we could be waiting a while for them to fix it. hopefully fixed soon.

Well glad i am home on a friday for this....:p

Ugh.. i remember last time this happened, it was well after the match before i got any results or anything.. Hopefully it wont be that long!

Someone hacked in to avoid a thumping!:D

It's always bad luck for me when this happens though :(

Shouldnt be too much longer. The Italian, French and Dutch have played their play-offs, hasnt gotten as far as us and England yet. Next hour or two hopefully.

• Advertisement

does this impact our recovery periods etc? just wondering!:D

and will we just have the result or will it KO and play the way through?

I reckon it'll suddenly come on with results and energy as it would be if the game had been played at 7.30

ok, was looking forward to a nail biting match up with Wile:(

I could be wrong but thats what i reckon will happen

results are in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I won anyway.

I seem cursed with delayed commentry...

Lost 8-18. didnt even realise he had 80k csr players...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Once again JPrender! you must hate me at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Victory, one more to go. Wish I could set my lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Great success. Closer than it should have been though, because I gave away two intercept tries. Looking around the league 3 results, I see a ajeffries also got a good result from fourth, and cody1 has taken the bragging rights against jprender.

And now the boards nation turns to eoferrall to deliver the result we all crave.

Advertisement