Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

So it says that you need Chemistry, and that Biology is not a requirement but it's highly recommended that you have it for Leaving Cert. I'm only doing Chemistry and Physics and was just wondering is it tough going in without Biology? Does it make a big difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I'm not doing it but I have a friend starting it on 13th September, seeing as its basically learning the ins and outs of animal anatomy I'd say it'd be extremely useful..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Im in final yr vet med, biology isn't required but to be honest I dont know why it isn't required. It forms a major part of the course. People in my year who didn't do biology for the LC did struggle quite a bit in the early part of the year. And also, tbh I have no idea why chemistry is a pre-requisite because we very rarely used it early on.

Advertisement