Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you send a group PM, but...

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

... with the recipients' names hidden? Or can you?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Send the PM to yourself and the rest of the recipients in the BCC box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Below where you put in people's names there's [BCC] tag that you click and it opens another little box below it for you to enter 'hidden' names. Is this what you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ok, so basically in order for recipient names to be hidden, you use the BCC box rather than the usual box?

"Matron!" etc...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, BCC stands for blind carbon copy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

*Aside* I did not know that. One advantage of being slow is that everyday brings something new. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Zaph wrote: »
    Yep, BCC stands for Banned Crazy Correspondents

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dudess wrote: »
    ... with the recipients' names hidden? Or can you?

Do you mean to tell me that PM you sent telling me I am your favouritist boardsie wasn't unique to me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Reported for PM spam!

Advertisement