Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross posting for a "good cause"?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Is it acceptable to cross-post a single message about a volunteer group on a number of forums? It’s to announce a Twitter account for Bray Coastcare Group (+ links to their regular website and Facebook). I post occasionally in the Outdoor Pursuits forum so was thinking of putting it there, as Bray head / cliff walk is popular for walking. It’s also popular with runners, so I thought “Athletics, Running & Triathlon”. Other possibilities: “Volunteerism” (of course), “Dublin County South”, “Wicklow”, maybe “Angling”, “Canoeing & Kayaking”, “Swimming”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi there. I'm afraid we don't permit cross-posting, even for good causes. If we allowed one, we'd have to allow them all, and we'd end up with a huge amount of duplicate posts all over the site. Ideally we like to keep the "clutter" down as much as possible. However, as an alternative, what you could do is post in one forum and then add a link to that post in your sig. That way your message gets seen wherever you post.

Sorry I couldn't give you the answer you were hoping for, but thanks for checking with first, it's really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

OK, thanks Zaph

That's odd - I don't seem to have a "thanks" button on this thread!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There are a few forums that have thanks disabled. Help Desk is one of them.

Zaph wrote: »
    There are a few forums that have thanks disabled. Help Desk is one of them.

The irony

• Advertisement
Advertisement