Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800GT upgrade.

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My currant PC is fairly old and i’m wondering if I would see much of an increase in frame rates moving from an 8800GT alpha dog (factory overclocked) to an nvidia 460GTX 1GB with my specs below.

Specs,
    AMD Athlon X2 4800+ (socket 939)
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    3 GB of DDR1 Ram
    Win 7
    22" LCD 1680X1050 native

Am I wasting my money?
    I get about 20 to 25 FPS in battlefield BC2 at 1440X900 with almost all of the fancy crap turned off.

Just want it to play at a smooth 60fps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

i think you could go to performance of an nvidia 260 or similar, but anything above that and you will be bottlenecking without running at a higher resolution or with tonnes of AA on games to use the remaining grunt of the gfx card

I doubt youll get better FPS in BC2, it really needs a quad, you can find out by reducing all settings to the absolute minimum and see if you get higher that the FPS you currently get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I play it at 35FPS with fancy crap on, and 35 is fiiiiiine, honestly. (during explosions it drops a bit though,kinda annoying during them) I'd upgrade the processor for BC2 before the GPU as someone else said already..

Advertisement