Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish to write a book

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I would like to write a book I’m heading towards Strongbow for some reason and the 11th 12th century not sure if I am in the rite please but wandered if anyone could help direct me in to the right way what to do and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I was about to suggest the Creative Writing forum (the Lit forum isn't for composition discussion), but I see you've beaten me to it.

Another forum of interest would be History & Heritage. But before you race off to set up another thread there, just be aware that setting up duplicate threads in different forums is generally frowned upon here.

Wait and see what the CW folks have to say, and then head to the History forum when you need specific recommendations on background reading or generalised discussion on the historical aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

just want to say thank you im new here and don't wish to offend anyone on my first try, i don't know i feel the urge to write a book like an itch but i keep stalling but i know i need to. thanks again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Heya

Welcome aboard.

Basically what Eliot said - whichever of the Creative Writing or History & Heritage forums you reckon is most appropriate is the best place to start a writing thread. This forum is far more of a discussion zone for reading:).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement