Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repair

Options
  • 08-09-2010 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there anywhere in town that does camera repair? I've to get the screen replaced on a Nikon Coolpix and don't have a clue where to bring it. I could send it off to their repair centre in Meath but it's out of warranty so i'd prefer to bring it somewhere in town.

Cheerszors!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Only place I can think of is AV Serices, http://homepage.eircom.net/~webit/avs/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No one in town will fix this. They'll send it to Nikon, pretend they're doing it themselves ,and charge you for the privilege of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

what paintdoctor said!
    and, I'd be very surprised if the cost of repair versus replacement was sensible, specially with it being out of warranty.
    if you're handy with a screwdriver you might be able to get a replacement lcd on ebay and do it yourself. I've had canons apart and they're not too complicated, at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

a few years ago i went to a camera repair place on centre park road, it was in next to pat mc donnell paint. upstairs in a unit. cant remember name though . sorry . but it might be worth a drive down to see if its still there.
    i ws being clever and decided to put dettol into a little film cannister going on holidays. ( do not ask ! but you d never know when you d need a bit of dettol ) half way through the holidays i needed to change my film. pulled out the 2 spare cannisters.... opened up the back of the camera... pulled off the lid of the cannister ... and yes split dettol into every crevice of my nikon. nice one :rolleyes:

Advertisement