Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crazed driver, need advice

• 08-09-2010 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

My friend and I were cycling home tonight in the dark without lights. We were going up his road which is usually quiet and cycling in the middle of the road at a point because cars parked on the footpath and it’s hard to squeeze by the cars, also I would be afraid of the cars reversing out and not seeing us.

So we went into the middle of the road. A car on the opposite side of the blocked path looks as if he is parking beside another two cars that are there, or at least straightening himself out. His lights wern't on so I didn't know what he was doing. He then pulls out into the middle of the road just missing us both. He shouts out the window at us ‘where are your lights you pricks’ so I shout back ‘use your mirrors’ because he clearly didn’t look. We cycle on

I then hear the car’s engine revving like mad, he started to speed up 2 us as we cycled away casually. I expected him to shout at us and that. He rams the side of my bike, I feel my leg on the wheel of the tire (no idea how I didn’t fall off) and jams on the brakes. A Dublin Bus then overtakes him (number 18). And I cycle on. He starts up again and chases back up to me, mounts the footpath, and I speed into a driveway on the road. He ignores this, stays on the path and goes for my mate. Him peddling as hard as he could goes for an electricity pylon on the side of the road and the driver of the bus stops way short of the bus stop slightly on the path to stop him from killing us. He shouts abuse at us, I take his redge and he just goes back down the road casually into his driveway.

The bus driver says it’s all on CCTV, I got the bus number, the drivers name, the redge of the psycho, his house number and was wondering what should I do? Report him? Or will that cause more trouble for myself? Should I get the CCTV from Dublin Bus? Anyone have any similar stories that they could comment on and let me know what to do? I can’t sleep because I keep thinking what if, what if he knocked me down, what if he ran over me...

Comments appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Firstly you should both have points applied to your licence (if you have one) for operating a vehicle without lights at night and without due care and attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Ok forget the above comment. I'm sure your aware about the lights but you must get yourself down to the garda station. This person sounds like a lunatic and while you were blessed to not get injured or maybe even killed not everybody will be that lucky and he sounds like the type who will certainly do it again.
    The next reason for going down is to give you the peace of mind you need. Next time you get on your bike are you just gonna try and go a route that possibly avoids this mans address? Dont let him ruin your enjoyment of cycling.
    On the point of being worried about what he might do dont be. The guards will not give him your address and they will have to investigate it fully including getting his story but by the sounds of it that should not be hard given the evidence in your favour.
    This is typical bully boy behaviour do not let him away with it and do not let him keep you awake at night!
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

why bother even asking what to do? i thought something comes on in peoples heads to tell them obvious sh!t? you know like, "common sense"? holy god i cant believe your asking people here what to do in your life when it was obviously in real fcking danger......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

killflys wrote: »
    was wondering what should I do? Report him?

Eh.. what? Sounds like the guy tried to kill both you and your friend. Obviously report him, Jesus :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Report it to the Gardai

Thread closed

Beasty

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement