Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papers and Journals

Options
  • 08-09-2010 7:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Could anyone help me out. I am trying to find out where I can read scientific journals, specifically related to Computer Science (Ubiquitous computing) and Bioinformatics papers and journals online ?

Are there any free sites or will I have to pay ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For Bioinformatics papers try PubMed. When you do a search, look to the right of the results and you will see a link that allows you to select the papers that are free to view [Free Full Text]. Your choice will be limited but it's a start.

Other than that, University Libraries are the best bet if you can get a library reader's card.

Some Universities subscribe to ScienceDirect and you would be able to access that from University computers.

You could also try various Bioinfomatics journals websites, some of them allow free access to all papers that are over six months or one year old.

Try typing 'Open Access Bioinformatics Journal' into Google and see what you get. Just be sure that whatever you read has been published in a peer-reviewed journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bundaegi

The wikipedia page for ubiquitous computing has a list of journals relating to the field. All of these journals should be searchable online and allow you to view abstracts. However, most of the articles will probably not be free to download. If you're a member of a university/educational institution they may have free access to the journal.

Another option is to just use Google (or Google Scholar) to search for 'ubiquitous computing' or search terms more relevant to your interests. You're bound to find loads of useful articles that way too.

Advertisement