Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooley available on google streetview???

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Looks like the Cooley area might be available on streetview fairly soon.
    I was coming back from Greenore & saw the distinctive car at a junction near the Kickhams field.
    Any other sightings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I seen him in Jocelyn street and he was passing my B&B in Blackrock as well... I was sitting outside as he passed... I might be famous!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Where I live in North County Dublin was photographed last year and still no sign of it on Google Earth. Don't hold your breath waiting for your area to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Took this pic yesterday after spotting it at the junction.

57B4C76EA993424DBB97E95C963A6D3F-0000335373-0001905964-00567L-4F20E19707624886A90F62471BEAD0FB.jpg

Pity they weren't here on Friday in that glorious sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Relax lads! They have been snapping, on and off, for almost 2 years in Ireland. According to Googles own site they have no plans to go live with Ireland in the next 12 months.

I'd say a process like that of taking millions of pictures of every part of the country takes ages.

Any idea how long it took them to do america? Are they even finished america yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bigneacy wrote: »
    Any idea how long it took them to do america? Are they even finished america yet?

Many parts of the US are not on streetview.

I see... its a hugely interesting project... gonna go and wiki it :D

Advertisement