Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 100 Baby Monitor €49

• 08-09-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

I was about to buy one of these on Amazon for £49 when I came across this on http://www.bellababy.ie/

Its down as a deal of the week so im not sure how long it will last but its a very good price.

Great to see competitive prices from Irish retailers online.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

WARNING

We have this version and the older version of these monitors

The older version was bulleproof fabulous product.

This version is totally flaky.

I had read a lot of reviews about connection problems prior to purchasing I am an electronic engineer and understood that the newer monitors are probably using at least two channels in the crowded 2.4ghz spectrum and that people with multipe wifi networks / video senders in the locality may have problems.

Well as we live rurally and have just one wifi network, no video senders, wireless cameras etc. I though it would be fine. I was wrong.

Regularly takes up to 5 mins to connect if there is ANY 2.4ghz product opereating within 100m.

Regularly connects with all the indicators normal but NO AUDIO as in you cannot hear the baby at all.

If you look at the review on amazon you'll see that most of the positive review are from people that basically just opened the box and the review from people who've had the unit a long time are bad ..

If you have any wireless gear in your house or even your neighbours house I would stay well clear, buy a philips one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

*** SINCERE THANKS TO OP FOR FLAGGING THIS IN GOOD FAITH - BARGAIN ALERTS WOULDN'T BE WORTH ANYTHING WITHOUT PEOPLES THOUGHTFULNESS ETC. ***

No offence to the OP but for what its worth I'm inclined to believe and agree with the above......

We too had the model before this and loved it when it broke we tried to buy same again but couldn't as had been replaced by this Junk - It is prob. made in a different Country by different Manufacturers and just simply BT branded at the end of the day.

€50 is cheap for a good product but that same €50 is extortion if its flaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry for digging out an old thread. I am looking at that baby monitor now.
    What was the previous version and if absolutely sure it is not available anymore, is there an alternative to the BT 150 that is as good for the price?
    Thanks
    irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sorry for digging out an old thread. I am looking at that baby monitor now.
    What was the previous version and if absolutely sure it is not available anymore, is there an alternative to the BT 150 that is as good for the price?
    Thanks
    irish

Dont bump old threads please. Ask in bargain requests or the parenting forum if you want advice.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement