Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is cheaper - BG or Airtricity?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Considering switching over, what would folk on here recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 panorton

I had an Airtricity rep on my doorstep about 2 weeks ago. She said they were now 3.5% cheaper than BG but because they use all renewable sources they would be 8.5% cheaper when the new levy comes in. I agreed to change and signed the forms. It turns out to be lies, all fuels are etting Gormley's tax, even commercial vehicals being used for business, so I end up on the support line for hours trying to cancel my dd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Danny2580,

I would imagine the best place to post this question would be in the Consumer Issues forum; they have a busy thread there entitled Alternative Energy Suppliers.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Apologies David, perhaps mods can move ;-)

No problem Danny2580,

We wish you the best of luck if you do decide to change over, and should you find that the grass isn't as green as you hoped it would be, you're always welcome back. :)

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Airtricity is a cover for Scottish & Southern energy(british) keep in ireland, personally im with BGE but await what esb has to offer in October, although i hated the esb before deregulation, robbing gits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Are the ESB planning on reducing prices or something in oct, I'm currently with BG and would think bout going back if the prices improve or are btr value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Kiersm,

We're all looking forward to competing as a fully deregulated supplier and the 1st October will mark a significant milestone in this journey.

The CER has decided that ESB will be fully deregulated for business customers from 1st October 2010 and for residential customers when ESB’s market share reduces to 60%.

You can find more information on our "Roadmap to Deregulation" here.

We also had a previous thread where this topic was discussed, which you can find here.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Thanks Chris,

Will keep an eye on the news re this.

Kiersm

From Today 1 October, ESB Customer Supply is fully de-regulated for SME business customers.

If you are a SME customer and would like to find out more about switching back to ESB Customer Supply to avail of our new price plans you can visit our website here and arrange to get a quote.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

why should i have to give my MPRN for a quote?
    Airtricity,Bord Gais and Energia have all given quotes without my MPRN?

• Advertisement

Hi bungler,

To enable us to offer the most beneficial and appropriate price plan to each individual SME customer, ideally we need your MPRN number.

The new Price Plans and Discount Options are available to existing, new and returning customers. There are some terms & conditions attached which must be agreed to but the best option is to contact our Sales team here, who will offer our best quote for your business.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

people with ESB still get this offer?

Cork24 wrote: »
    people with ESB still get this offer?

Hi Cork24,

As Chris mentioned above, these offers are indeed available to existing ESB customers, in addition to new and returning customers.

Our sales team will be happy to discuss the best individual price plan to suit yourself and your business; just call 1850 30 50 70. If you don't have your details to hand, we can arrange to call you back. See here for further information.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement