Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra-Marathon Archive

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Gravale wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear of Noel's passing. He was very inspirational during the marathon boom of the 1980's and had a great following amongst new runners and joggers at that time. The last time I saw him was in 1993 at the Dublin City Marathon pre-race event where I spoke briefly to him and purchased a copy of his book Irish Marathon Legends. I also ran with him in 1983 at the 50-mile Ultra Marathon in Templemore. I just wish that I'd known he was in the nursing home in Greystones. :(

15 Sep 1968 1st 2:39:01 Marathon Sligo IRL Yeats Open
    25 Jun 1966 3rd 2:46:03 Marathon Dublin IRL All-Ireland Ch.
    28 Jul 1963 1st 2:37:28 Marathon Killarney IRL All Ireland Ch.

Noel Henry of Greystones, Co. Wicklow and former All Ireland Marathon Champion, passed away peacefully,on Wednesday 11th January 2017, in the kind and loving care of Eyrefield Manor Nursing Home, Greystones. Pre-deceased by his devoted wife Nano in March 2016, treasured and deeply mourned by his children Jan, Jill and Ron, brother-in-law Mickie, sister-in-law Sheila, son-in-law Seamus, daughter-in-law Julie and by his loving grandchildren Eoin, Ruairí, Conor, Tomás and Honor.

Gravale - I ran that ultra in Templemore in 1983. I've not been able to track down any record of the race - articles, pictures, etc ....... just before the internet era!! !!
    Do you have any records or contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hotd

I believe there is a very good book written on the history of Clonliffe Harriers Athletic Club which contains a detailed history of the club since its foundation in 1886.
    Can probably be bought from the club or through their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

hotd wrote: »
    I believe there is a very good book written on the history of Clonliffe Harriers Athletic Club which contains a detailed history of the club since its foundation in 1886.
    Can probably be bought from the club or through their website.

Would it have details of the ultra in Templemore? What's the connection?

Advertisement