Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Area Aid payment

• 08-09-2010 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

When should we expect to get this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

dryan wrote: »
    When should we expect to get this?

It was well into November last year when I got mine. We're supposed to be getting an installment of the SFP in mid October. The Area aid payment will probably come then too. I'd like to see it sooner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

the disadvantage area payment is to be made in the 3rd week of september and 50% of sfp in mid october :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

whelan1 wrote: »
    the disadvantage area payment is to be made in the 3rd week of september and 50% of sfp in mid october :D

Thank fook for that, I was about to cry in me weetabix there :D

i am counting the days til it comes and am just praying i dont get aletter this week that will delay things , otherwise there will be no santa in this house:(

i am counting the days til it comes and am just praying i dont get aletter this week that will delay things , otherwise there will be no santa in this house:(

Did you have to change your maps or exclude scrub areas or add new land to the claim. if not, then there shouldn't be any problem with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I always used to get a letter telling me I was understocked (thanks to the fools who drew up the Commonage Framework Plan, and laterly REPS). Used to have to submit REPS and Flock Register. Have increased numbers since REPS was pulled out from under me, no letter yet but I am decidedly suspicious.

reilig wrote: »
    Did you have to change your maps or exclude scrub areas or add new land to the claim. if not, then there shouldn't be any problem with it at all.
    changed 1 field and submitted maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

iv been paid 3rd week of sept for the last few years, surely if there is a problem id of got letter by now. or else its just an excuse to leave it so late to drag out payments,also has anyone heard or seen anything about reps 4 payments,

no the letters are only going out this week , which is silly, also when is the third week in september , i am assuming last week was the first week and this is the second week so next week should be the THIRD:rolleyes:

3rd week starts 20th, i rang dep there ten mins ago, he said there seems to be no prob with mine , but he said no date yet for starting payments , thinks it should be 3rd week, but could not confirm for sure

• Advertisement

did you ring your local dept or the sfp office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Seems everybody on here absolutely gagging for this money:pac:

Proof if proof was needed that profit in this game is pretty crap, and cash flow is even crappier:pac:

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Seems everybody on here absolutely gagging for this money:pac:

Proof if proof was needed that profit in this game is pretty crap, and cash flow is even crappier:pac:
    last year still having bad effects around here , also the banks aren't really helping either

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

3rd week starts 20th, i rang dep there ten mins ago, he said there seems to be no prob with mine , but he said no date yet for starting payments , thinks it should be 3rd week, but could not confirm for sure
    This drives me nuts. We are entitled to know when the money will be dispersed....what else are they doing in there?? :mad:

Not too many employers would get away with this kind of carry on.
    Just imagine being in a job, working away to the best of your ability and the boss rings you up.
    'keep working away there lad, i'll pay yea some of these days- but i cant say when!'

i remember last year the sfp was supposed to be cleared for payment around the 9th of october but they didnt pay it out for a week or so later:mad:

did you ring your local dept or the sfp office?

main sfp office

i remember last year the sfp was supposed to be cleared for payment around the 9th of october but they didnt pay it out for a week or so later:mad:

they are some shower of twats thats one thing thats certain. id be fairly confident if there is no problems, should get money by 24th. area aid normally more straight forward than sfp,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

I'm prepared to wait an extra month or six weeks for mine, if it would mean everybody else got paid in first half October.
    You see I like to flog my weanlings when the first flush of SFP and Area Aid gets paid out:p
    Some lads use ut to pay bills, and a good few more use it to fill the sheds:p

The lads in the latter category, are good for the weanling trade. The tanglers around the ring get a bit of their own medicine, for a few weeks:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think its due in october, nothin definite yet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think its due in october, nothin definite yet.

its always been mentioned 3rd week in sept for area aid , are you sure its not single payment your thinking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morning delight

Yeah, agree with that.
    I've just had a look at my payment statements for the last 5 years and it was paid between the 20th and 23rd of Sept every year.

In the last 4 years there has been a part payment of the SFP on the 16th Oct in 3 of the years and on the 19th Oct in the other year (last year).

Lets hope it's a repeat of these dates again this year!!

Not wanting to put a dampner on things regarding the single farm payment BUT...
    The department /minister had to make a case in each of the last 4 years to get that october part payment cleared.
    Usually it was bad weather.

How are they going to get it cleared this year?

So I wouldn't bank on it untill the first week of december for full payment as opposed to half payment next month and balance in december even though most farmers very badly need it now as usual.

the 50% has been cleared for october, a few weeks ago

was at a sheep mart today, i overheard two guys talking about price sheep etc, and when area aid and single payment comes out 28th it will hold the trade etc, i had rang dep earlier in week as earlier posted, anyway cut a story short that man says first round payments out the 28th and 29th sept, his son had rang the dep this morning,

was at a sheep mart today, i overheard two guys talking about price sheep etc, and when area aid and single payment comes out 28th it will hold the trade etc, i had rang dep earlier in week as earlier posted, anyway cut a story short that man says first round payments out the 28th and 29th sept, his son had rang the dep this morning,
    the payments might be issued then but when do we get them - god you're horrid nosey listening in to other peoples conversations :D- hope he's right

did any one get one of the letters saying there was something wrong ?

the payments might be issued then but when do we get them - god you're horrid nosey listening in to other peoples conversations :D- hope he's right

haha i was right beside them, did not need no spying gear to hear them, the dep of ag needs to update there web site and have more up to date press release

the 50% has been cleared for october, a few weeks ago
    Do you have a link to this?

<edit> found this which says he asked for it based on last years bad weather and the credit crisis.

However that article is just a week old and doesn't say it was cleared which wouldn't tally with it being cleared a few weeks ago :confused:

I don't recall getting an IFA text on the issue and theres no statement about it in the press releases for either august or september on the department website and there usually would be.

So was it announced and where?

i heard it on my local radio lmfm , am nearly sure it was in the journal too , you know inside the back page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Do you have a link to this?

<edit> found this which says he asked for it based on last years bad weather and the credit crisis.

However that article is just a week old and doesn't say it was cleared which wouldn't tally with it being cleared a few weeks ago :confused:

I don't recall getting an IFA text on the issue and theres no statement about it in the press releases for either august or september on the department website and there usually would be.

So was it announced and where?

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2010/july/title,45341,en.html

was reading the ifa newsletter for the ploughing today and they say it is deffo being paid from the 16 of october

what is the maximum payment under the disadvantaged area scheme ?

just over3k not exactly sure

34 hectares is the maximum area that you can receive payment on I believe.

I don't know what the rate per hectare is. Maybe someone has a statement from last year handy and can check???

EDIT: €95.99 per hectare I just found on a google search.

Maximum payment therefore is €3263.66 (For lowland only) (there is a higher rate for mountain.)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hashey

just got left 15 acres in connemara- can anyone give me info on area aid - what it means- how/where to apply - does it have to do with using the land for animals ie donkeys or point me to where i can find this info? any info would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

hashey wrote: »
    just got left 15 acres in connemara- can anyone give me info on area aid - what it means- how/where to apply - does it have to do with using the land for animals ie donkeys or point me to where i can find this info? any info would be much appreciated

Area aid is dead and gone, the single farm payment is the scheme in operation at the moment. Inheriting some land doesn't automatically mean that you would have any right to claim SFP, the land would have to have SFP entitlements attached to it first, it may have if the person who passed it on to you was actively farming it but mightn't if it has been rented out.

The best place to find out is with the person who farmed it last year, if that person is not available you'll have to go to the Dept of Ag and look for their info.

No matter whether or not you are eligible to collect SFP on the land you'll still be able to use it to keep some donkeys if that's what you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 honydog12

does anyone out there know if area aid is still available. going into farming and need to know what is available in grants:)

Advertisement