Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aviva Last Night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

kids can get tickets for a tenner.

Not for the Russia game they can't. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Not for the Russia game they can't. :mad:

Just saw they want €90/€125 for ticekts to Russia Game and pointless friendly with Norway in Nov.

I'm off to New York in November so basically if I want to go to the Russia Game I'll have to shell out €90 minimum.... no loyalty to fans who went to Tuesdays game!!!

Never mind the lack of big screen replays or beer this is the sh*t that will turn people off going to games!!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

GampDub wrote: »
    Just saw they want €90/€125 for ticekts to Russia Game and pointless friendly with Norway in Nov.

I'm off to New York in November so basically if I want to go to the Russia Game I'll have to shell out €90 minimum.... no loyalty to fans who went to Tuesdays game!!!

Never mind the lack of big screen replays or beer this is the sh*t that will turn people off going to games!!!! :mad::mad:

Just had a look and this seems to be the only way that tickets are being sold. I dunno who's in charge of sales and marketing at the FAI but they have made a complete balls of ticket sales since the AVIVA opened. I know they think they are geniuses for coming up with this and will hope to sell out both games. Why not just half the price of tickets for the norway, giving people who can't normally afford to go to games a chance. That way they could still sell out both games and give new people a chance at going to a game. Thats just my suggestion. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways it could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

- Alcoholic drinks are not served at UEFA events.

They are in certain sections though i.e Club Level in the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

OPENROAD wrote: »
    They are in certain sections though i.e Club Level in the Emirates.

Are they for SALE though? Or free booze?

It can't be sold to general ticket holders

Are they for SALE though? Or free booze?

They are on sale as per normal and at the same prices as elsewhere in the stadium, at half time though its free beer/wine/soft drinks/tea and coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

OPENROAD wrote: »
    They are on sale as per normal and at the same prices as elsewhere in the stadium, at half time though its free beer/wine/soft drinks/tea and coffee

They must be exploiting some loophole... as the UEFA statutes state that alcohol cannot be sold. It was posted earlier in the thread...

They must be exploiting some loophole... as the UEFA statutes state that alcohol cannot be sold. It was posted earlier in the thread...

It was the same in Highbury in the North Bank, you had the Bondholders restaurant open to Bondholders and they sold beer up there also, but as with the Emirates no alcohol on sale in the rest of the stadium, I am not sure what the exact loophole is, might have something to with there being restaurants in those sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

groomek wrote: »
    Did you pay or where they free?

You've to pay.

I work as a barman in the Aviva. The bars are closed on all levels apart from the Premium Seating Level which is level 3 (and technically level 4 but thats corporate boxes).

The bars on level 1 and level 5 (regular seats) are closed on match days.

The bars on level 3 are open on match days, some technicality because its the level of the Vantage Club/15 Year Membership level etc etc.

Also, the selection in terms of drinks isn't great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement