Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing SSF4 on the new Xbox360s

Options
  • 08-09-2010 9:50am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I have heard in the past that wireless connections aren't good enough for online SSF4. Since then, we have had a new wireless connecter released as well as the new slim Xbox.

Is anyone playing the game online using wireless on the new Xbox 250G slim version? If so, are there any problems with the connection?

FG (as in the guy from the future, as opposed to the game of the fighting genre)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

From a technical perspective, wireless is never suitable for gaming and will always propose some sort of latency, there are wireless routers where you can restricts different bands for different accessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Never had much problem with this on PS3 or PC tbh.

Apple Airport Extreme w/PS3 (old), approx 10-15m, going through 2-3 walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Unless your home wireless set up is a joke your internet connection is the real key. and seeing as how eircom have been universally terrible for the last year...

a wireless ap will add another layer of possible problems i suppose, my xbox adapter has always been grand though. much better than my pc's wireless adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I use wifi on the old xbox 360 and have had no problems with it, i would imagine that the wifi on the new xbox would be the same or better.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Performance wise if you have a strong single you won't notice the difference between wired and wireless. Wired connections tend to be more consistent though, no random drops or interference that wireless is occasionally prone too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I use wired now and other than the odd random drop they seem to perform with no perceptible difference.

That said my router is about 1 meter away from my consoles so no brick walls = best case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

http://shoryuken.com/f308/leonhart-guide-better-netplay-214258/

It may work fine but why add another variable or possibility to losing connection speed or packets, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Because my 75 year old father tripping over an ethernet cable isn't desirable.

Advertisement