Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Rice Cars - Carlow

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

I was looking at a car from this dealer in Carlow last week, as he is not a registered SIMI dealer I was just wondering if anyone has had previous experience with him or knows someone that has?

He's a nice guy but I'm wondering about reliability and any aftersales service etc. In fact anything you could tell me is more than I know now so it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hi i have no experience of dealing with him. However i do know he has been up and running for a good number of years hopefully somebody will be more helpful. Maybe try the motoring section too

I also would not get to hung up on the SIMI membership from what i have read and heard SIMI are more about helping the garage then helping the consumer should something go bad.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

As above, SIMI is a trade organisation paid for and operating in the interests of its members in the motor trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

I bought a UK reg BMW from him in April. It was a very good deal so i was preparing for the worst but nearly six months in and its flying. It got a two year NCT aswell with the right hand side bushing the only needing fixing.

Advertisement