Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pistols

• 08-09-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good High quality Gas Blow Back pistol for skirmishing and for using for target practice

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

wow that is a very broad question mate.. it all depends on what you're interested in.. Co2/gas. and what style. C02 GBB pistols are probably the best as they will owrk in our climate and these come in all sorts, best thing to do is to browse a few retailers' websites.

M9 and M1911 are very popular, so are glocks and M.E.U but again these can b from different manufacturers so a better quality one will cost you more and vise versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Pistol choice, I've always maintained strongly, is a very personal thing. Performance is only half the choice concern, the rest is in comfort and aesthetics.

If you like 1911's, for example, you have a choice of dozens of makers. Performance varies from great to awful, but the body remains the same. So now we have a pistol you like the look of, and have found brands that make good versions of them, but when you handle one for the first time, you realise it's uncomfortable in your hand and you dislike the feel. Back to square one.

Go to a store with a decent stock of pistols, or to a skirmish for that matter. Try out a bunch of different ones before settling. You'd be surprised sometimes at what suits your hand better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

Wei tech high cappa 5.1

WE-hicapa_Dragon.jpg

Green Gas, Great feel, Great kick, packs a punch, good design, affordable too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've one of these but have not found a place that
    has a metal slide to replace the very very good quality ABS one.

Western Arms yummy yummy brand feels so good.
    I must buy another when I've spare cash sometime.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smgs/western-arms/western-arms-scw3-sv-infinity-6-0-hybrid-dx-hw-silver.html

If you want stuff for target practice you should google
    some of the "Race Guns" they can be more expensive than the real guns!!! with people spending well over 1000 Euros on them.
    They do Airsoft Practical pistol shooting, with special holsters that need to be at certain angles, and rules etc with special
    timers for when you hit targets over a timed obstical course.

http://www.aaps-federation.org/aaps2/media_gallery/handguns/index.htm

I'd someday like to try practical pistol for airsoft, and would love to have a gun that is highly accurate
    when it comes to the consistancy of your shots. There are different types of BB's that can be used also.

Most people will tell you Irish Legal 1j Airsoft guns are not powerful enough to fire Metal BB's but there are .28g Au Metal BB's and
    also Glass BB's that can be used for Target Shooting (Of course NEVER to be used in a skirmish and ONLY with target shooting and full safety gear)
    I've been dying to get some simply to test them out, but have never got around to it.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

Lads,

Thanks a mill for your advice and information regarding my post.Much appreciated.

Bullets- Airsoft Practical Pistol is something i would love to get into.

thanks again lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement