Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What was the gag?

Wasn't a particularly good gag tbh, but Pats reaction was:

Des said matter-of-factly during a conversation about rugby that "Gavin Henson likes to spend time in Church after a game".

Pat didn't get it. "Ah!", he said, (here I paraphrase) "a rugby player who is more sophisticated than most, a spiritual sportsman, a kindred spirit who still finds time to thank his god for his gift while his team-mates are off to the pub............"

Des had to gently inform him it was a bonking joke about Charlotte Church and the bronzed one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Somebody actually put this on Youtube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

eh, that was me.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Not like Sleazy Pat to miss a double entendre. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I admit - that exchange was a hoot, but most of the times it's not as good as that

• Advertisement

eh, that was me.. :o

Joe Duffy and his bad leg beckons :D

Give us a minutes' notice when you get past the reee-searcher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Loved Paddy stonewalling the prostitute when she asked him did he have any fetishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Best radio is when Paddy is on.
    He gives a voice to those who are shunned by society.
    Top man!

Garda : So, Mr. O'Gorman, why are you soliciting prostitutes?
    POG : It's *ahem* for some research, Officer. Honest. *Fumbles in his coat for a recorder*

*I posted this in the LL thread by mistake, I've cut and pasted it from there*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

"Old man resigns from job due to failing health".

And that's the most important news story today? FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dirigent wrote: »

Its the most important news story of the year so far!!

Significant, yes, but not that important to me :)

Dirigent wrote: »

Greybo has packed in his handy number at LyricFM??? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Yakuza wrote: »
    Significant, yes, but not that important to me :)

Good man !...now that we are all clear about that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭softy2012

This Pope shíte again...

allthough good that they are acknowledging him as the scumbag advocater of child rape he is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

listening to this gard right now it soundd like theyve no leads whatsoever on the gardai murder.

at least none that can be proven in court.

listening to this gard right now it soundd like theyve no leads whatsoever on the gardai murder.

at least none that can be proven in court.

Seems that way, shame...

I remember the Jamie Bulger case like it was yesterday, can't believe it's 20 years since those animals murdered him. Didn't one of them get sent back to jail after being let out for parole violation? They should have been locked up for life, that poor kid they murdered had his snuffed out far too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The father sounded a bit lost in that interview and was nearly like the woman was answering for him.

She'd be much more media-savvy than him. I don't know how I'd hold up if I were in an interview discussing the murder of my toddler son, even if it is 20 years later, to be honest.

Edit: It annoys me how this show goes from serious discussion to some Susanne Vega wannabe, aren't there enough light entertainment channels for this claptrap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

neris wrote: »
    The father sounded a bit lost in that interview and was nearly like the woman was answering for him.
    Could you blame him?

Bastards should never have seen the light of day again!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:confused:

Ah, the old "furriners are getting everything and I'm gettin nuttin'" canard. Track down yo' baby daddy, honey.

Jaysus - it's "too much hassle" to look for maintainence - so straight down the social welfare office. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

Ah here. We all know how babies are made, if you can't afford them, don't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Usual blend of racism, entitlement and victimhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

The pill failed for both girls???

I'd bet if single motherhood wasn't a profitable career choice the failure rate of the pill would drop significantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Are my ears deceiving me? Did paddy just question that eejit on the wisdom of having a second child?! Also nice to hear he thought the eradication of the 2nd buggy allowance was a good thing.

Careful paddy, if you continue with that sort of talk, the great entitled will no longer moan and whinge to you and you'll be shortly out of a job yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

telekon wrote: »
    Are my ears deceiving me? Did paddy just question that eejit on the wisdom of having a second child?! Also nice to hear he thought the eradication of the 2nd buggy allowance was a good thing.

He also was rather subtly sarky about the possibility of the pill failing for both those two friends: "... but I'm sure they're telling the truth".

The learned helplessness and low expectations that the current system encourages is crazy, and ultimately does a huge disservice to people like those two girls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement