Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Gloveworm wrote: »
    He also was rather subtly sarky about the possibility of the pill failing for both those two friends: "... but I'm sure they're telling the truth".

The learned helplessness and low expectations that the current system encourages is crazy, and ultimately does a huge disservice to people like those two girls.

And you could hear the two of them sniggering in the backgroud ... sure it's all a big joke while the rest of us pay for your entitlements. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Callan57 wrote: »
    And you could hear the two of them sniggering in the backgroud ... sure it's all a big joke while the rest of us pay for your entitlements. :mad:

On the button Callan on the button.

These people know exactly how to gain the maximum return for these situations.

Make no mistake about that.

Don't be taken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

sure it's all a big joke while the rest of us pay for your entitlements. :mad:
    The entitlement culture goes right across the board in Ireland.

Like Bertie Ahern is entitled to 150K per year.

Or more outrageously, Brian Goggin formerly of Bank Of Ireland who is entitled to receive more than 12 and a half grand a week :eek: for the rest of his life.

Now, who do you think are paying for those entitlements?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

serfboard wrote: »
    The entitlement culture goes right across the board in Ireland.

Like Bertie Ahern is entitled to 150K per year.

Or more outrageously, Brian Goggin formerly of Bank Of Ireland who is entitled to receive more than 12 and a half grand a week :eek: for the rest of his life.

Now, who do you think are paying for those entitlements?

Good point there, but doesn't validate the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pat is p1ssed off

• Advertisement

Pat does seem to get particulary exercised over property issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Losing the head at the "genius":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Its a pleasure to listen to Pat in rare form...'leave this godforsaken country and head to Australia" lol

Good on you Pat stick it to them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Pat's the man :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Id say he's sorry he went to the high court for all that land now!

• Advertisement

I fully agree Berlin has a fabulous museum quarter but he should have mentioned the small matter of Nazi aquisitions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'd hate to be married to Tina Leonard.....knows everything, even about cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Reading Fintan O'Toole's account of the property tax debate in the Dail makes me think there could be some serious "anomalies" in the legislation.
    Not to mind what it says about the democratic process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'd hate to be married to Tina Leonard.....knows everything, even about cars.
    Yes, it is quite inappropriate that a woman be intelligent and knowledgeable. No real man could put up with that.

Yes, it is quite inappropriate that a woman be intelligent and knowledgeable. No real man could put up with that.

My point precisely. How is a man expected to display all his manly knowledge and skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Petunia and the Vipers.....

Never to be heard of again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pat and his Hillbilly Deliverance music again. Where does he dig them up from? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

this woman still going on about that family rape case. somthing odd about her and the way she keeps popping up

neris wrote: »
    this woman still going on about that family rape case. somthing odd about her and the way she keeps popping up

I think it might be something to do with her forthcoming book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

And she's perfectly entitled to. If you don't like it, change the channel.

• Advertisement

There is something odd about someone who would post that comment ... would you rather we go back to sweeping these criminals and their crimes under the carpet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fergal Quinn is a genius at propagating the obvious and home spun.

More right wing Catholics to tell us how great Benedict is/was, BORING enough already, I'm out of here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This Friday gathering always reminds me of a middle class dinner party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

If one of my kids was in Breda O'Brien's class, I'd make sure they read the newspapers, just to ensure they knew that the universe isn't the one-dimensional place that she paints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    This Friday gathering always reminds me of a middle class dinner party.

The same crowd meet up for brunch with Marian on a Sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Skinny malink maleogeon legs, umberella feet,
    Went to the cinema couldn't get a seat,
    Skinny Malink farted, then the crowd parted,
    Skinny malink maleogeon legs, umberella feet.

That's what I remember. Yes, it's umberella (the way a Duuuuub would say umbrella!))

A good piece on auld phrases. Pat saying them sounded a bit stilted - like he's saying to himself ("how does one say these frightfully odd phrases??") :)

That Professor would bore a stone, could he not work up a bit of enthusaism for his subject? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That Professor would bore a stone, could he not work up a bit of enthusaism for his subject? :rolleyes:

Was that the word professor? He had a stroke a while back. He used to be on moncrieff and was very good the stroke would have some affect on his speech so while not seeming enthusiastic he probably is just very hard when muscles in the fae and mouth are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Was that the word professor? He had a stroke a while back. He used to be on moncrieff and was very good the stroke would have some affect on his speech so while not seeming enthusiastic he probably is just very hard when muscles in the fae and mouth are gone
    Is that Terry Dolan, the Hiberno-English guy ye're on about? Used to always enjoy hearing him on the radio. Good to hear that he's back on again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement