Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    For God's sake ... the pope again, would he ever go & give us peace

Wait till they start discussing the colour of the smoke. Is it white Des? It's black Pat! No No Des I think it's white! Definately Black Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

touts wrote: »
    Wait till they start discussing the colour of the smoke. Is it white Des? It's black Pat! No No Des I think it's white! Definately Black Pat.

Now it's his shoes:rolleyes: ... I'm just waiting for the HELLO & VIP spreads :D
    Do they not realise they are just proving how totally irrelevant they have become ... it's getting like an episode of The Tudors (in more ways than one!). Who will design the outfits for the new guy I wonder?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Callan57 wrote: »
    For God's sake ... the pope again, would he ever go & give us peace

You beat me to it, enough already....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Tina, stop talking about cars please.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pat loves his hilly billy muck no matter what country its from

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

3000 mile service interval?

That doesn't seem right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What was the car/era. In the olden days certain diesels needed a light service every 3,000 miles.

3000 mile service interval?

That doesn't seem right

Yea they definately saw Tina coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

neris wrote: »
    Pat loves his hilly billy muck no matter what country its from

????

seachto7 wrote: »
    ????

He's refering to the musical guests.

Always the same very narrow range of music chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

ADHD is blamed for everything.

Only €60 for drugs?

Is this how we treat our most "vulnerable"?!

Scandalous I say.... he should have double that at least! :p

The poor lad upset that he could only afford €60 of hash a week while on the dole. Surely a new low in Paddy's reporting.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    ADHD is blamed for everything.

And I agree

ADHD is the cop-out of the millenium.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

touts wrote: »
    The poor lad upset that he could only afford €60 of hash a week while on the dole. Surely a new low in Paddy's reporting.
    I what was is it "a low in Paddy's reporting"? The fact that you seem not to like what Paddy reports does not mean that the reporting is bad.

Paddy's not the drug user; he's not the one on the dole; he's the one who makes people aware of what types of people we have living in Ireland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Paddy cant really lecture to those people on the vox pops as I am sure a few of them would take offence at paddy preaching to them and rte dont really want paddy beaten up on the job. He cant criticise them in the studio either coz he would loose the trust of any future candidates for sponger and waster of the year. Paddys slots can be ridiculous but it just shows the kind of idiots spongers and wasters that we are living with in society today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Paddy cant really lecture to those people on the vox pops as I am sure a few of them would take offence at paddy preaching to them and rte dont really want paddy beaten up on the job. He cant criticise them in the studio either coz he would loose the trust of any future candidates for sponger and waster of the year. Paddys slots can be ridiculous but it just shows the kind of idiots spongers and wasters that we are living with in society today
    One of the great mysteries of radio broadcasting is how come Paddy Gorman dosen't get decked by someone and told to mind his own ffn business!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Dat Accent.... Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

in society today

Today? Paddy has been doing these reports since the 80's and they haven't changed that much over the years. I really don't see the point of having this as a weekly slot other than giving people on here an excuse to tut-tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Today? Paddy has been doing these reports since the 80's and they haven't changed that much over the years. I really don't see the point of having this as a weekly slot other than giving people on here an excuse to tut-tut.

It used to be a weekly slot, as far as I can tell it's daily (or near-daily) now - complete overkill.

What happened to that fella who did the report about the housing estate in Ennis? He was streets ahead for that kind of reporting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Roger_007 wrote: »
    One of the great mysteries of radio broadcasting is how come Paddy Gorman dosen't get decked by someone and told to mind his own ffn business!

Wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't already happened. Paddy's chat-up lines with the laydeez usually begin along a well-worn desperado track, i.e.: "Have you got anyone to help you....", "Do you ever feel you neeeeeed a man in your life" :D

What would be truly amazing would be if RTE dared broadcast it when some irate pojama-person whacked him or perhaps her "partner" was within earshot and construed a threat of Paddy jumping in as first sub into his side of the leaba and dealing with him accordingly :rolleyes:.

I'm sure Paddy's ego is no smaller than the rest of them up in that cloud called Montrose and any recording of such an incident consigned to the shredder.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

europa11 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't already happened. Paddy's chat-up lines with the laydeez usually begin along a well-worn desperado track, i.e.: "Have you got anyone to help you....", "Do you ever feel you neeeeeed a man in your life" :D

What would be truly amazing would be if RTE dared broadcast it when some irate pojama-person whacked him or perhaps her "partner" was within earshot and construed a threat of Paddy jumping in as first sub into his side of the leaba and dealing with him accordingly :rolleyes:.

I'm sure Paddy's ego is no smaller than the rest of them up in that cloud called Montrose and any recording of such an incident consigned to the shredder.

We only hear what they want us to hear.

Christians are the new Jews .... ah please, these Iona Institute people are getting more silly & ridiculous by the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was wondering who she was Callan, she seemed to have that (Christian) permanent smile on face / glazed over eyes that one normally has after a Tony Quinn conference..

You would think that John Bryan would have known that Aodhán O'Riordán was related to farming "stock"... Left with some cowpat on his face this morning after his stupid suggestion of sending him down to a farm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I what was is it "a low in Paddy's reporting"? The fact that you seem not to like what Paddy reports does not mean that the reporting is bad.

Paddy's not the drug user; he's not the one on the dole; he's the one who makes people aware of what types of people we have living in Ireland today.

Quite correct,and there is a large section of the populace who try to convince themselves that these kind of people don't exist,when the the dogs in the street know they do.

At least paddy's slot keeps a light shone on them to a certain extent.

There are an awful lot of people in denial on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ugh, stupid texter saying that the French have similar children's allowance to Ireland.

Texter, you forgot to mention that the French children's allowance is means tested and you get nothing if the couple has a combined income of 35000. There wouldn't be many Irish couples both working coming underneath that threshold.

I really appreciate that Pat gives advance notice of MLOD's .... so I'm gone before her hyperventilation nonsence begins. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"A pin in the neck"..

very close to the phrase I used myself not only 30 seconds ago..

• Advertisement

Jeez this bird is dire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement