Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think she must have done that new Arts degree in DCU... Onomatopoeia and Politics..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Pat and MLOD "shocked" that Social Welfare were doing checks at Smithfield, and then wondering why they don't do the same at Goff's. :rolleyes:

Yeah, great idea there. What a pair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Let's be honest .

The council wanted to close the fair for years so they've regulated it to death

It would be fun to see the toff outrage if the same treatment happened at the RDS though :D

She does seem to like the smell of horseshlt.

Probably because she talks so much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

feuding in Limerick seems to be limited to one group of people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Facinating & informative discussion about funerals, cremation, burial etc etc with an undertaker (Massey's I think) on 2FM .... if the threat of MLOD hadn't run me from Pat I'd have missed this gem. Amazing that such a subject should be so enjoyable to listen to :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    Facinating & informative discussion about funerals, cremation, burial etc etc with an undertaker (Massey's I think) on 2FM .... if the threat of MLOD hadn't run me from Pat I'd have missed this gem. Amazing that such a subject should be so enjoyable to listen to :)

Joe Duffy will be seething with jealousy ;)

Pats going to be continuing on his traveller discussion from Prime Time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pat getting thick over money again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Blessed are the cheesemakers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Very confided for the childers....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

This is complete bollix, why give these air time?

They are pretty much all on social welfare and get more children's allowance than some people get in wages... Why dont they pay for their own housing.. Other people have to pay for their own house and then pay property tax on it.. Travellers expect everything to be handed to them.. Always playing the poor mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

"I blame the council. I don't blame them people at all"

It's always someone else's fault......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Even Travellers hate Travellers.

They should have spent that 20 million prosecuting traveller criminality and social welfare fraud..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ronan Collins hand over comment - priceless!

Pat needs to ask next time why travellers feel they have to have flashing orange lights on the roofs of their hi ace and transit vans. Is it so they can identify each other or to to warn other road users of an oncoming illegal sulky race

Why dont they pay for their own housing.. Other people have to pay for their own house and then pay property tax on it..

Because their an "ethnic miniroty" and most importantly their "Entitled" to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone catch the names of those halting sites in Ennis ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lapin wrote: »

Ashline

If you're stuck, I'll let you pull up outside my house for a couple of days.. But you'll have to move on by the weekend.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No Paddy O Gorman? Mentioned at the start, nothing afterwards:confused:

Yeah some might say thats a good thing...........

If you're stuck, I'll let you pull up outside my house for a couple of days.. But you'll have to move on by the weekend.. :pac:

God bless ya boss. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ashline and Beechpark Halting Sites.

MrsD007 wrote: »

"the neighbours" as MrsD calls them..

I had a look at them on Google Maps.

You can only see them from outside the perimeter walls as the Google cars didn't drive into the sites.

Ashline.

Beech Park.

I think the council are equally to blame for wasting €20m on sites like these.
    The architects and planners should be sued for breaking every rule in relation to urban planning. Purpose built ghettos like these were always going to backfire.

The Travellers themselves also have a lot to answer for. In particular the man who blamed others housed there but not originally from the county. I agree with the woman who said she doesn't want to see Travellers housed in sites like these anymore. Neither do I. I'd prefer them to take out a mortgage and buy a house like everyone else.

There would be less chance of them vandalising or setting fire to their own houses if they had to pay for them. And they wouldn't have to share their house with 'travellers' from other areas.

"the neighbours" as MrsD calls them..
    My neighbours are the rowdy people who live across the bridge in Tipp :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My neighbours are the rowdy people who live across the bridge in Tipp :p

Careful now.

• Advertisement

I think the council are equally to blame for wasting €20m on sites like these.
    The architects and planners should be sued for breaking every rule in relation to urban planning. Purpose built ghettos like these were always going to backfire.
    I don't it's as simple as that Lapin, there are six halting sites in Ennis and only two of them have been problematic, the other four are working out well, I think it has more to do with feuding than how the halting sites were designed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement