Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

fecking car crash from the kirean lab head !

bringing up dodgy despositers having 2 hundred k in their accounts to justify nicking it.

ive a good analogy pat.

what about the kids crippled by the state that get millions awarded to them by the courts to look after their future.

will the state nick THAT to look after their mates ?

course they will.

message here lads is clear, they will do a cyprus on you as soon as blink

kirean lynch.

jaysus very aptly named :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I wonder does Patrick have a load of money in the bank.... he is getting VERY excited. Even spitting I think!!!!!

He is right in a way. It seems they are open to just ripping a % out of everyones bank accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Fair play to Pat Kenny for exposing these shysters.

The TD also essentially labled all Russians are gangsters. Loved how Pat picked him up on that too. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

I'd say right about now Ciaran Lynch is getting a right bollicking on the phone from Noonan. I'd say there will be a "clarification" before 12pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Time to pull your bobs out of the banks by the looks of it.

touts wrote: »
    I'd say right about now Ciaran Lynch is getting a right bollicking on the phone from Noonan. I'd say there will be a "clarification" before 12pm.

It really has exposed that there are no limits to which governments within the EU will stump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭bloopy

Wow. That was an incredible interview. Someone is gonna be in trouble because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I just caught the last five minutes of that interview but I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast.

I'd been wondering where Tom McCaughren had gone to :) I was a big fan of his books when I was child and met him a few times when he visited our local library, I thought he was a lovely man. It's good to see that he is hail and hearty and still writing books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Wow.. what a big Eighties sound you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Odds on someone in Govt. Buildings is hotfoot on the phone to Terry Prone? :rolleyes:

On a different note, Tom McCaughren is another great reporter sadly missed on RTE news.

I dont know why everybody is making a big deal of the Cypriot accounts being raided.. The government HERE were the ones who set the precedent when they took money from private pension funds last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I dont know why everybody is making a big deal of the Cypriot accounts being raided.. The government HERE were the ones who set the precedent when they took money from private pension funds last year...

Yes, but that is something that most people have to worry about later on - what's happening in Cyprus would have happened right now and people fear that any country in bail-out mode could be hit similarly. All this head-patting we're getting from Europe & the IMF - could all be a way off lulling us into a false sense of security before they turn on us as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

true.

but ya cant empty your pension account . you can buy a safe, walk down the bank tomorrow and close that .

its utter utter insanity as the whole point of a bank is to have a place where at the absolute worse you still have what ya put in.

with that gone all bets are off.

personally im glad i got my money out of the eurozone back in 08. i didnt see THIS coming but i cant say im all that surprised just HOW far theyll go for "the project".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

yop wrote: »
    I wonder does Patrick have a load of money in the bank.... he is getting VERY excited. Even spitting I think!!!!!

He is right in a way. It seems they are open to just ripping a % out of everyones bank accounts

That,s why he gets excited, when he hears them getting near.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

That,s why he gets excited, when he hears them getting near.:eek::eek:

Child abuse, possible meteor strikes on the earth or mass genocide and he remains all calm, but when its something that might affect rich Irish people like him he can't maintain his professional demeanor, sad really. On another note the World News Live 24 app he mention is great, it has about 15 stations and they all work great except RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Child abuse, possible meteor strikes on the earth or mass genocide and he remains all calm, but when its something that might affect rich Irish people like him he can't maintain his professional demeanor, sad really. On another note the World News Live 24 app he mention is great, it has about 15 stations and they all work great except RTE!

Just thinking the same thing when they were going on about radio apps. Tunein Pro works perfectly on stations from all over the world. Except one.

Just thinking the same thing when they were going on about radio apps. Tunein Pro works perfectly on stations from all over the world. Except one.

I have the regular tunein app (favourite app of all time) and rte 1 works fine, btw whats the main advantage of the pro version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Has that shyster from the Labour party lived in a cave for the last few weeks/months.? a total disgrace of a politican. at least he was well ridiculed by Pat today anyway. his attitude was mind-boggling and it seems as if the trademark arrogance of the Blueshirts is now rubbing off the Labour TDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I have the regular tunein app (favourite app of all time) and rte 1 works fine, btw whats the main advantage of the pro version?

They're both free, tbh. Just seems to be the newest incarnation. Haven't tried it in a few days, so must do so again. I use it on an ipod docking station/clock radio thingy on the bedside locker. Ideal for BBC R4!

(edit: there's a paid version of Tunein as well, but that's confusingly called Tunein Pro as well, to the best of my recollection!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Skid X wrote: »
    Pat currently savaging some Labour Politician over the Cyprus fiasco.

He gets better when he gets angry, unlike most broadcasters.
    Pity he didn't try that with bertie and he's band of crooks a decade ago, it might have exposed some of the crooks before they raped this country!

But sure RTE are nothing but a FF mouthpiece. Himself and Duffy are one and the same!

but ya cant empty your pension account . you can buy a safe, walk down the bank tomorrow and close that .

Only if the bank is open.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

So if the labour muppet gets his way its another double taxation. Most peoples savings are taxed before they hit the bank. Wonder can this gov come up with a triple taxation or maybe the way they are going a quadruple taxation system won't be far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Jim Power solves the Cypriot bank crisis! Can't wait for the book Jim, I presume the title will begin with "the Idiot's Guide to........"
    (not soft landings I hope :D )

Run for dem hills if your down Nicosia way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Jim Power offering his expert opinion on the Cypriot economy, does the man ever stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Jim Power offering his expert opinion on the Cypriot economy, does the man ever stop?

Cypriot economic expert george lee was on prime time last night. Didn't realise our country had so many experts on the economy if a small island no where, near us. The only expert missing is dan mclaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

neris wrote: »
    Cypriot economic expert george lee was on prime time last night. Didn't realise our country had so many experts on the economy if a small island no where, near us. The only expert missing is dan mclaughlin

Ah a blast from the past, where is big Dan this weather? He went very quiet somewhere around 30 September 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Ah a blast from the past, where is big Dan this weather? He went very quiet somewhere around 30 September 2008

Enjoying his enermous pension paid for by you and me.!! incidentally, a pension to which he never contributed a single brown cent.

BTW how in heavens name is a charleten like Jim Power still able to command airtime on a national radio station funded by the taxpayer. This shyster was one of the main Government cheerleaders during the farce that was the 'Celtic Tiger'. God help anyone who took his 'advice' back then.
    He is just as culpaple as Bertie,Cowan,Harney,McCreevey and their crony bank and developer friends for causing this almighty mess.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I tried to type the word "Economist" and....oops there it goes again! :eek:...

(maybe this will work)

"Jim Power" in the same sentence and black smoke started coming out of the PC.......I think i'll call Joe and blame Inda :)

• Advertisement

You would wonder who is going to those Mitchell starred restaurants in Ireland and those nice holidays in Rome etc that were suggested in the last piece considering that apparently no one in the country can afford their property tax?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement