Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I don't know what discussions Pat was listening to last week but I certainly didn't hear any argument that would convince me to vote for the retention of the Seanad. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Lucinda almost in tears begging Pat to stop asking her for her real opinion on the senate because she was out of ways to avoid saying she does not support the abolition of it.

"I have two important men in my life, my husband and my taoiseach and I really don't want to upset either of them". Oliver Callan will have a field day with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I've two important men in my life, my husband and mein Fuhrer my Taoiseach, and I dont want to upset either of them."

Surprised a feminist like Lucinda would come out with something like that, albeit tongue in cheek... It was like something from Harry Enfield..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    I don't know what discussions Pat was listening to last week but I certainly didn't hear any argument that would convince me to vote for the retention of the Seanad. :confused:

Enda Kenny want's it GONE! That's enough of a reason to vote to keep it.

touts wrote: »
    Enda Kenny want's it GONE! That's enough of a reason to vote to keep it.

And Michael McDowall want it retained ... that's enough of a reason to abolish it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

"I've two important men in my life, my husband and mein Fuhrer my Taoiseach, and I dont want to upset either of them."

Surprised a feminist like Lucinda would come out with something like that, albeit tongue in cheek... It was like something from Harry Enfield..

Lucinda a feminist? I reckon she stands for nothing only herself, trying to get a straight answer from her is like dragging blood out of a stone, constantly takes out of both sides of her mouth, never gives an honest opinion unless its safe to do so..how can anyone take what she says serious:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Lucinda almost in tears begging Pat to stop asking her for her real opinion on the senate because she was out of ways to avoid saying she does not support the abolition of it.

"I have two important men in my life, my husband and my taoiseach and I really don't want to upset either of them". Oliver Callan will have a field day with that one.

I can see Lucinda morphing into Mary the waffler:eek: Hanafin

Very disappointing that in 2013 a female TD should resort to this sort of silly comment - even if in jest. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Temple Bar, I remember that area before it was gentrified. Much safer!

And Michael McDowall want it retained ... that's enough of a reason to abolish it. ;)

I think it's kind of funny... The regular citizen does not normally get the opportunity to vote on who is elected to the Seanad. But now they are being consulted as to whether it should be retained or shut down... Given that a vote to retain the Seanad is a vote to continue your own exclusion from the process, I cant understand how anybody could vote to keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Very disappointing that in 2013 a female TD should resort to this sort of silly comment - even if in jest. :eek:
    Fixed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Seconds until Richard Boyd Barrett calls for taxing the rich in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Whose going to the first one piling in because one of The Pat Kenny Show Thread's bogeyman is on air, even though he didn't say anything even vaguely outrageous 5, 4, 3, 2...In fact, the waffling of the politician who is actually in power was far more noteworthy.

What number does an ice cream man call for emergency services?

:D .... Let's see unFunny Friday beat that for humour..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

A 99 cost a euro about 15 years ago, last one I bought a few weeks ago was north of €2

"The grass is growing mightily"

Sounds like Pat has his sights on somebody else's meadow.. More Kenny lebensraum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Whose going to the first one piling in because one of The Pat Kenny Show Thread's bogeyman is on air, even though he didn't say anything even vaguely outrageous 5, 4, 3, 2...In fact, the waffling of the politician who is actually in power was far more noteworthy.

Making a grab on the profits of multinational corporations isn't an outrageous idea Comrade? The lad is as insane as Hugo Chavez if he thinks Ireland could do that lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Making a grab on the profits of multinational corporations isn't an outrageous idea Comrade? The lad is as insane as Hugo Chavez if he thinks Ireland could do that lol.

Richard Boyd Barrett will never be in power, the worrying thing is that Lucinda Creighton is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I nearly threw up when I heard that. Lucinda would want to be careful of them splinters on the fence there.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Listening to Creighton, wow.... our so Dail has a poor future ahead if she is the caliber of new breed TDs.

• Advertisement

Bleh, an upcoming MLOD segment on the riveting subjects of mayflies and fishing - you'd think she'd keep her head below the parapet these days, as she's a one-woman argument to close down the Seanad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

NIMBY alert!

As far as I am aware it not the cutting of turf that is the problem but cutting it using huge machines that destroy the bogs.

So let them cut it the way their fathers and grandfathers did it ... and then we'll see how many will be lining up for some back breaking slog.

This is all about compo and anyone who thinks otherwise is incredibly innocent. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A quiz?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

As far as I am aware it not the cutting of turf that is the problem but cutting it using huge machines that destroy the bogs.

So let them cut it the way their fathers and grandfathers did it ... and then we'll see how many will be lining up for some back breaking slog.

This is all about compo and anyone who thinks otherwise is incredibly innocent. :mad:
    Couldn't agree more. This country has a compo culture. Most of the people who get compo will just take the money and carry on as normal, i.e. keep cutting the turf.:rolleyes:

Enda has been known to rattle off the odd Obama speech as well.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"Yes he did".:D

MLOD ...... I out :eek:

MLOD ...... I out :eek:

After one of her pretentious, meandering, interminable sentences I expect to hear the voice of Tony Hancock saying "What a load of old rubbish"

• Advertisement

No, no, no...it was done as a tribute *cough* :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement