Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Callan57 wrote: »
    Absolutely no personal responsibility, always someone else to blame :mad:

Yeah, but enough about Fionnan Sheehan.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I generally like listening to Fionnan, but I have noticed any show he is on, he always seems to get defensive and come down on the side of the Government.A journo is supposed to be impartial.He did not like Mark who kept mentioning Fionnans wife.

Fionnan has a issue with his temper, he does not like an opposing view.Vinny Brown I am sure will tell you that:p.Great listening to a fight though:D.

I am not a FF supported I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

jimmyw wrote: »
    .....He did not like Mark who kept mentioning Fionnans wife...
    He was a-moanin, but was she a-moanin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jimmyw wrote: »
    I generally like listening to Fionnan, but I have noticed any show he is on, he always seems to get defensive and come down on the side of the Government.A journo is supposed to be impartial.He did not like Mark who kept mentioning Fionnans wife.

Fionnan has a issue with his temper, he does not like an opposing view.Vinny Brown I am sure will tell you that:p.Great listening to a fight though:D.

I am not a FF supported I might add.

I'm not a fan of Fionnan Sheahan by any means, but I think it was Marc MacSharry who came out of that spat the worst. He was the one who started throwing about the "family connections" insult, which is hilarious, considering he probably wouldn't be where he is today without his daddy's name behind him. The hypocrisy of Irish politicians is beyond belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I look forward to the day paddy o gorman is outside the criminal courts interviewing seanie Fitz and fingers fingleton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I look forward to the day paddy o gorman is outside the criminal courts interviewing seanie Fitz and fingers fingleton!

Aren't we all .... but I won't hold my breath :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I'm not a fan of Fionnan Sheahan by any means, but I think it was Marc MacSharry who came out of that spat the worst. He was the one who started throwing about the "family connections" insult, which is hilarious, considering he probably wouldn't be where he is today without his daddy's name behind him. The hypocrisy of Irish politicians is beyond belief.
    Marc McSharry is trying to make a name for himself before the Seanad gets wiped out, so he will be elected in the next general election. As the great quote from "Yes Minister" put it: "In politics, infamy is preferable to oblivion."

Don't worry Marc - you will get elected. For three reasons

1. FG will be accused of breaking their promise to keep cancer services in the NorthWest
    2. we (nearly) always elect the sons and daughters of former TDs
    3. there will be an FF tide (God help us) in the next GE by those who have forgotten what they did to this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Marc MacSharry came across as an idiot when he referred to Fionnan's political family connections, it was a bit rich coming from a man who is the son of a former Tánaiste :rolleyes:

However, I think that Fionnan came across very badly, he seems to be able to dish out criticism but he can't take it at all. Of late he seems to be getting more and more defensive and hostile when he's being interviewed or questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Am I right in thinking that he surely meant provocative not evocative. Are Pat and Fionnan's vocab poor Enough not to ask or were they taking the piss. Not sure what his speech would have evoked but it was definitely designed to provoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Opus Dei alert....... hurray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I bet Ronan Mullen's mum wishes she had taken the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

withless wrote: »
    I bet Ronan Mullen's mum wishes she had taken the boat.

steady on like bad taste alert

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the dark hand of the far right Catholic Church

steady on like bad taste alert

It is bad taste...... still laughed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

John McGuinness using the old "sure they made me" excuse at the PAC hearing ... laughable :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

A 65 year old wouldn't have been given an interest only Mortgage unless he had plenty of assets already. He sounds like that old couple in Killiney who owned a load of rental properties and played the poor card to the cameras.

Why did they bring in this cantankerous, know it all yank and give him a soap box for twenty minutes? The discussion was quite interesting as it was.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Calling one of the world's most famous investigative journalists a cantankerous know-it-all is somewhat unfair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He did go on a bit though.

With the amount of American politics being discussed over the last half an hour, I was beginning to think I was listening to The Right Hook.

The start of the programme was good though. They should have something like that every Friday.

Uh oh, the PK show will be doing a simulcast with the History Channel for the next few weeks. MD in da house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If I recall correctly, The Dalky Book Club got a similar amount of free PR last year.

If Pat's not careful, people may start screaming gombeenery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Friday review of the week is the higlight of the PK show for me and today's panel was among the best I've heard in a long time.

Good informed discussion as opposed to the guff we get when Mary O'Rourke is on or the silly attempts at smartarsery from John Drennan.

My only gripe is that not enough time was given for the review.

I'd be happy if the entire second hour of the programme was given over to it.

I enjoyed the panel too. A Drennan-free panel is ever a bonus, but todays contributors were most refreshing. I missed most of the start of the show (just came in when DMCW was chortling about cyclists) so I'll have to catch that on the podcast. The Maeve Binchy segment was a bit of nostaliga, and the story about having to change the picture in her article was very funny.

And for once, Ronan opens with a decent song - a good morning's radio so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheBorderFox1

As Ronan Collins said - 'Everyone down to Pat's house now for lunch'

Before Ronan said that, Pat provided everyone with a flavour of the few weeks to follow with Myles Dungan slotting into the Today seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Yes, excellent panel.

I only caught the beginning of Bernstien but will catch the rest on podcast later.

There was mutual respect I felt between him and Pat.

Now if you had say Chris Donoghue doing that interview ...... different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

padd b1975 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, The Dalky Book Club got a similar amount of free PR last year.

If Pat's not careful, people may start screaming gombeenery.

Such a thing does not exist in leafy south Dublin. Pat was simply linking his show up with an admirable local cultural initiative>:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Yes, excellent panel.

I only caught the beginning of Bernstien but will catch the rest on podcast later.

There was mutual respect I felt between him and Pat.

Now if you had say Chris Donoghue doing that interview ...... different story.

Christ almighty, Chris has to be the worst interviewer on radio at the moment. He cannot construct a concise question, without spending 5 minutes humming and hawing and going round the houses.

By time he's finished asking the question, you have almost forgotten what it was about!

Bush mark-3 massaging the locals nicely in his speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All this pandering does my head in.
    They'll spend a half-hour analysing HIS speech.

• Advertisement

All this pandering does my head in.
    They'll spend a half-hour analysing HIS speech.

Yeah I switched off.. Fairly predictable stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement