Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

"militant trade unionism"

Is there any other kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

History show being pre-recorded again........

Never mind the fact that the Today show gets 20+ minutes interview with President Higgins. So what will we discuss. Society today. The economy. International issues like Syria. No. Now that would be a waste. Instead Myles in his wisdom turns it into one long long long history show slot on the 1913 lockout.

He is the President NOT a historian. Let the overpaid fecker go back to being a poet and historian in 6 years when his teeth are out of the dry veins of the taxpayer and I'm not paying his salary.

"militant trade unionism"

Is there any other kind?

Hard to be militant when you are sitting in a mahogony lined plush office with the tallest building in the country under your arse as you have a six figure salary (plus expenses) in your back pocket while you look down on the little people running around Dublin desperately trying to scrape together enough money to pay their taxes and still feed their children. There are no militants at the top of society and in Ireland there is no one higher in society than our Trade Union comrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Silly platitudinal rubbish :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Powands" :confused:

Nice to see the sense of prioities there from yer wan for going to moneylenders.

"Kids toys, they want all the latest stuff" for Christmas..."doing up the house", again for Christmas!....and of course, money for communions.

The bare neccesities of life :mad:..."know wharra mean Paddy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, who are they interviewing? Druggies on the streets?

Both of them have sounded dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah it's the CWO's, giving you all that free money.. it's their fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Clare is just annoyed that the Obamas didn't visit Swords for a pint in The Slaughtered Lamb.

Claire thinks Mick Wallace is better than Bono..... I'd say she is the only person in the country who thinks that.

A distinct whiff of the sulks from Ms Daly yesterday ... even the sunshine couldn't cheer her up, such a miserable woman :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Pity they couldn't have Mickey Ring on for another few minutes, he was just getting into the swing of things, the voice was raising and just about to thump his desk. Ah the good old days of "Halls pictorial weekly".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That guy wailing that song went on and on and on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Callan57 wrote: »
    A distinct whiff of the sulks from Ms Daly yesterday ... even the sunshine couldn't cheer her up, such a miserable woman :mad:
    In fairness she said what opposition members SHOULD be saying in the Dail. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that we suck up to rich foreign nations (and rich foreign celebrities) way too much.
    Too much doffing of the cap for me.
    And I'm sure if Obama asked Enda and Eamonn to put on lepreachan hats that they'd be all over it!!!!:rolleyes:

In fairness she said what opposition members SHOULD be saying in the Dail. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that we suck up to rich foreign nations (and rich foreign celebrities) way too much.
    Too much doffing of the cap for me.
    And I'm sure if Obama asked Enda and Eamonn to put on lepreachan hats that they'd be all over it!!!!:rolleyes:

The long and the short of it is we need the $$$$ ... and it is age old Irish hospitality not to insult your visitors.

Callan57 wrote: »
    The long and the short of it is we need the $$$$ ... and it is age old Irish hospitality not to insult your visitors.
    Fair enough, but I still think there should be room for people who don't agree with that point of view.
    btw
    Is it just me or is Myles really starting to sound like Derek Mooney...??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is it not just good manners not to insult your visitors or have manners suddenly gone out of fashion?

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is it not just good manners not to insult your visitors or have manners suddenly gone out of fashion?
    Maybe ask the people in Afghanistan who are being bombed with American drones if they think manners have gone out of fashion....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gag reflex test today, New Ross ahoy!

mike65 wrote: »
    Gag reflex test today, New Ross ahoy!

Are you joking, that's already had a full test by the end of Miriam's hour on The John Murray Show.

Not listening! I'd sooner drill my ears out than spend an hour with her wittering and cooing away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

ohhh gawd, we're just finished with the new Irish/ American Presidente and we now have the old one back on again??? I have president-fatigue :(

The whole show today is a wall to wall History show pre-recording and you can hear the joy in Myles' voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We are getting down to knives on the table now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I switched on rte this morning about 8.45am and there was a feature about the Kennedys/New Ross etc etc. Switched to Newstalk where they were talking to some relative of the Kennedys. Ended up switching off the radio.

I can understand that this was a big deal at the time but now ... it makes us sound like fawning scyophantic morans!

..... God they're actually discussing the knife JFK used to cut a cake someone baked with his face on!

"Your mother was responsible for the cake"

Why do RTE always have to reduce it to this level of nonsense.. This should be done in one of those documentary hour programs, not on the live show..

mike65 wrote: »
    Not listening! I'd sooner drill my ears out than spend an hour with her wittering and cooing away.

A Miriam interview is akin to the sort of conversation you have with your relatives having just made your Communion.

I don't think this sh1t would be broadcast if Pat was in the chair.
    Myles is just too eager and fawning.

A Miriam interview is akin to the sort of conversation you have with your relatives having just made your Communion.

I'm no Papist but I know what you mean. :p

*currently listening to a 250w PSU*

He was so much of a security nightmare that his security services all decided to stand down on November 22nd in protest.

• Advertisement

So far we have had details of the cake, how the school children were organised on the day and getting the telephone working. I don't know what the hell this is but it isn't either current affairs or history.

Dogg-Podcaster your time has come......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement