Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

ohh goody! laugh at the peasants time, a core part of RTE's public service broadcasting remit....

"Peasant" implies that they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pay for your own FKN house...

But don't you know society owes these people a nice house + a nice salary for doing nothing ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fair dues to this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No lids popped from Beaker today...........:(........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Yakuza wrote: »
    To be fair, it's hard to find someone in this country that hasn't been affected by the collapse in Bank shares, either directly through share ownership or indirectly through pension funds having been decimated due to bank shares having been a blue chip component of many of them.

to be fair very few "consumer champions" pimped bank shares, owned a website that banned negative property talk , appears very pro bank every time they are on the radio or fails to declare their history or interest on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

europa11 wrote: »
    Good man Paddy O'Gorman. ;)

Is that his favourite chat-up line? :pac: "...and do you have a man in your life?"

He should be sent to interview them **** from the Anglo tapes, stand outside there houses with an O.B. team till the pricks talk to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

He should be sent to interview them **** from the Anglo tapes, stand outside there houses with an O.B. team till the pricks talk to him!
    Yeah, but he'd have to go to America in Drummer's case ... and Charlie Bird already tried that ... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

serfboard wrote: »
    Yeah, but he'd have to go to America in Drummer's case ... and Charlie Bird already tried that ... :rolleyes:

It would be worth every penny.

They should also have a crew outside where ever there working now, with the tapes on a loop over loudspeakers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They should have unknowingly strapped a bomb to Charlie Bird when he walked up to the Drummer's door... And then they could have got two Birds with the one stone...

:o

They should have unknowingly strapped a bomb to Charlie Bird when he walked up to the Drummer's door... And then they could have got two Birds with the one stone...

:o
    Funny Friday doesn't start for 10 minutes! :mad: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

30 min of the most boring interview in the history of radio with some Playwrite Myles seems to adore. Even John Kelly's arts show wouldn't have put up with it this long.

CURRENT AFFAIRS Myles CURRENT AFFAIRS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh Lord its the hurricane force that is MLO'D

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh Lord its the hurricane force that is MLO'D

Oh god they sent her out to meet tourists........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Make her stop.........please.....make her stop!........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I find Marie Louise refreshing. She describes things very well, vibrant descriptions, recreates the overall atmosphere of the experience. Not many people can do as well on radio.
    I don't think this slot shows her best, she should be sent into government departments to vividly catalogue the goings-on in them!

Perhaps they wouldn't have to cordon off part of the tourist office if MLOD wasn't double jobbing.

Now onto another pre-recording of a History show segment.

Who is that SHOUTY news reporter? Always sounds like he is at the other end of a length of Wavin pipe

If MLOD gets that excited over Cork, can you imagine what she was like when Enda gave her a job two days a week for 70 grand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

If MLOD gets that excited over Cork, can you imagine what she was like when Enda gave her a job two days a week for 70 grand..

Just remember:
    Every week we have to hear her is another week closer to voting to close down the Senate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Myles was interviewing Peter Matthews this morning and he was re-iterating his line about not voting against his conscience on abortion.

Well, says Myles, what about all the Labour Party TDs that have to vote against their conscience in voting for austerity?

That's different, says Peter, this is a matter of Life & Death.

Cutting social services is a matter of life & death says Myles. When you cut the health services people die, says Myles.

Matthews had no answer to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

he faced a similar line of questioning on Matt Cooper's show on Today FM.

Similar squirming.

His dogma is all for the protection of life.... until the point it is born.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

he faced a similar line of questioning on Matt Cooper's show on Today FM.

Similar squirming.

His dogma is all for the protection of life.... until the point it is born.

He's shown himself to be devastatingly disappointing since he's been elected. I can see him being a one term TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i phones are stolen because they are very expensive

joker.gif

i phones are stolen because they are very expensive

I written that one on my arm, (along with my name)

I just got sent this.. You may remember Paul Gogarty was on with pat a while back saying that he'd become a singer.. Well he's singing and dancing now, under his stage name... *fanfare*

His Sweet Surprise :cool:

Check out the dancing at the end.. Sure to be a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

He's shown himself to be devastatingly disappointing since he's been elected. I can see him being a one term TD.
    I doubt he'll even run next time. Talked a good game on the doorstep but invisible since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I just got sent this.. You may remember Paul Gogarty was on with pat a while back saying that he'd become a singer.. Well he's singing and dancing now, under his stage name... *fanfare*

His Sweet Surprise :cool:

Check out the dancing at the end.. Sure to be a hit.

This might have a better chance of getting on the charts:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well a trend seems to be forming with Fine Gael losing ministers but it may be down to the leadership of the party than with the ministers themselves.

• Advertisement

Myles Dungan really is Mogadon in your tea. Utterly dull.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement