Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Marie Louise O'Dramatic is at it again.

Describing those quaint country folk outside the pale.

Shock Horror - There's no Starbucks in Moneygall :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The way MLOD is describing moneygall, you'd swear it was some tranquil, hobbit inhabited shire in middle earth.. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Forget her
    Did you hear the 'small farmer' turned developer on a few minutes earlier on about his repayments to the bank. You'd think he was forced to take out loans and a good farmer like him should not be subjected to such harsh repayment terms, y'know that he signed up for.
    He asking the banks to 'lighten up' and Pat agreeing that we don't want our small farmers at the side of the road..

bizarre radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm finding it amusing but I suspect if I were a Moneygaller I'd be hooping mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

More cutting edge music on the PK show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm finding it amusing but I suspect if I were a Moneygaller I'd be hooping mad.

ive taken to calling her "her highness" in my head now as she seems to display all the world experience of an 16Th centurary parisean courtessan let out of the palace for the first time in its life.

seriously how the hell is RTE not inundated with complaints about her supercillious manner ?

ya get the feeling in another life she'd be an RTE "comedy" writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

MLOD should be kept in Dublin.

She seems to think we are another race down here
    So condescending

MLOD should be kept in Dublin quiet .

FYP. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Heard a chappie - Molony - on the PK this morn....tearing the Civil Service and in particular the Dept.of Finance apart.

Good on you pal...The Crown has posted extensively about this in the past and asked where were these gimps when the shit was hitting the fan.

Bit frightning what this guy had to say...suffice it to say that all The Crown's fears were realised and these gimps are faceless and unnacountable.

Let's see if Howlin and Rabbitte have the nuts to change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Heard a chappie - Molony - on the PK this morn....tearing the Civil Service and in particular the Dept.of Finance apart.

I'll listen back to this.. It's long been a bugbear of mine that our Department Of Finance can preside over the worst thing that can possibly happen to an economy and still all retain their jobs.. And to add insult to injury they then commission an "independent" report absolving themselves of culpability. (Though it did point out a huge dearth in relevant experience and qualifications, a symptom of the completely nonsensical promotional paths)

• Advertisement

ah FFS !

Does pat kenny do drugs ?

seriously, its the only excuse for his APPALLING taste in music.

its like being trapped in deliverance half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

ah FFS !

Does pat kenny do drugs ?

seriously, its the only excuse for his APPALLING taste in music.

its like being trapped in deliverance half the time.

He uses a simple rule of thumb: If it's American it must be good.

And there's more from them later in the show !!!

And we're going to find out where the band got their quirky name. :)

I can't wait. :rolleyes:

I'm enjoying this current piece though. AA Gill is a brilliant writer, and I used to live right beside Hyde Park.

Hope PK doesn't rush through it to get back to the mouth organ mob who's name I've forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I love how the consumer one was introduced: "Irish people don't know anything about consumer issues, and Tina is here to say why". Irony.

for some bloody reason that band keep reminding me of the soundtrack from "smokey and the bandit" !

a crap version admitedly, but all the same.

I love how the consumer one was introduced: "Irish people don't know anything about consumer issues, and Tina is here to say why". Irony.

And as it turned out, Irish people fared pretty well in the survey.

Lapin wrote: »
    And as it turned out, Irish people fared pretty well in the survey.

Yeah I noticed that too. I find that Tina one really talks out of her hat anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Seems pat is no longer happy to fill boring hour (11-12) with hayseed American bluegrass bands and English/American authors.. We now have a tree hugger / witch doctor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Long, long, boring segment on English royalty now. I suppose we'll have a few weeks of this "celebrity" crap to endure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True enough Obama is next up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Dirigent wrote: »
    Long, long, boring segment on English royalty now. I suppose we'll have a few weeks of this "celebrity" crap to endure.

Miles is on so he is just pre-recording slots for his "live" history show. This will be on the History show in a few weeks. Several of the topics on the History show seemed very familiar until I realised I had heard them on the morning show a couple of months before. They just edit it to remove any reference to the morning. They even leave in the texts so they can keep earning 10c a text from people texting the "live" History show. At best the History show is a poor show mainly focused on 20th century culture repackaged as "history" (the segment on My Lagan Love and the discussion on artists Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in a recent show had tenious at best links to "history") but this text con job is the part I find most disturbing.

touts wrote: »
    Miles is on so he is just pre-recording slots for his "live" history show. This will be on the History show in a few weeks. Several of the topics on the History show seemed very familiar until I realised I had heard them on the morning show a couple of months before. They just edit it to remove any reference to the morning. They even leave in the texts so they can keep earning 10c a text from people texting the "live" History show. At best the History show is a poor show mainly focused on 20th century culture repackaged as "history" (the segment on My Lagan Love and the discussion on artists Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in a recent show had tenious at best links to "history") but this text con job is the part I find most disturbing.

It's really just a rough and ready attempt to challenge Talking History on Newstalk which, IMO, is miles better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

touts wrote: »

It's lazy broadcasting and a blatant rip off asking people to text in to a recorded show .

I even heard Dungan recording trailers for The History Show last time he was on for Kenny, he left his microphone on while he playing a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Anyone listening to this English Teacher? Talks a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

More History show fodder today, if there's on thing we learn from history, Myles is a lazy b#*tard.

jesus christ am i REALLY paying 160 quid a year to listen to a bunch of privilaged D4 and RTE heads watching a weddding on the BBC ?

cause thats what the whole pat kenny show just felt like today.

Terry Prone is a right wagon. She was commenting on all the outfits at the royal wedding and she said one of Fergie's daughters looked like "a couch". Right love, get yourself dolled up and we'll dissect your appearance now shall we??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

jesus christ am i REALLY paying 160 quid a year to listen to a bunch of privilaged D4 and RTE heads watching a weddding on the BBC ?

cause thats what the whole pat kenny show just felt like today.

Couldn't agree more. Is there a single current affairs programme in radio land today which is free from this embarrassing plebeian dross?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Terry Prone is a right wagon. She was commenting on all the outfits at the royal wedding and she said one of Fergie's daughters looked like "a couch". Right love, get yourself dolled up and we'll dissect your appearance now shall we??

And for a self-described "communications consultant" her recurrent "you know" each time she talked didn't inspire too much confidence in her professed professionalism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement