Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ever since I read about Terry Prone's "Body clock" in the Irish independent Health section last July I cannot take her seriously. Here is a link
    http://www.independent.ie/health/diet-fitness/body-clock-terry-prone-2263980.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh God, save us from Myles Dungheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh God, save us from Myles Dungheap.

He's in his 'pretentious arty farty wannabe' element now, talking to Gavin Friday.....the prince of pretentiousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I heard Fisk on this morning using every opportunity to have a cut at the US/Israel/The West in general.

If Fisk had his way the West would sit back whilst the madmen in the terrorist cells used no go areas to build up to nuclear capacity.

How this guy has any credibility is beyond me to be honest.

Thank God most common sense people are not fellow travellers.

• Advertisement

Oh look out, here comes the arty wing of the Provisional movement Bobby Ballagh....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

and cue pat practially masturbating to the texts supporting the queens visit.

more things change more it stays the same in RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh look out, here comes the arty wing of the Provisional movement Bobby Ballagh....

So between Liveline yesterday and PK today, I know that Ballagh doesn't like the Americans or the Queen. It's handier than reading wikipedia!

Ballagh showed himself up quite a bit there I have to say. Personaliased attacks on old ladies rarely works. He is also a hypocrite anyway having designed bank notes for the Free State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No doubt is on some kind of artist's exemption from John Q Taxpayer.

Living comfortably and dissing everything around him.

Sickens me,along with his many fellow travellers.

• Advertisement

jaysus this lad from board gais is getting slaughtered right now.

rightly cornered on why were getting a 20% increase when one of his subsidiarsy is flogging it cheaper than its been sold here now in the north.

refuses to say its cheaper by the way, just says its "competetive"

ya have to laugh.

not happy about being called on the price of electricity they flog going up now theyve got loads of people from ESB either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yup he is squirming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Two consecutively boring guests... guy from Audioboo and William Golding's daughter.. I mean does Pat ring everybody at home in bed or how do they manage to sound so sleepy/bored/disinterested ?

talking to either a 3 year old or a weather girl about ham sandwiches now by the sound of it .

im not messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Hootanany wrote: »
    Yup he is squirming
    That guy from Bord Gais is a disgrace. He sounded totally pissed off, was he jarred or what? and his 'don't ask me questions' attitude had me furious. His tone reminded me of Biffo after his night out and all he wants us to do is just pay the increase and shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Just listened to the podcast and it does remind me of the Brian Cowen interview. He sounded like someone who had had a few. He was almost out of breath at the end of every sentence, and sounded very tired. I'm sure it could be just the normal way the guy speaks - but it makes me wonder how he could land a job as a spokesman.

Harry Crosbie! :mad: waffler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There's obviously not gonna be any criticism of last night's embarrassment at the convention centre.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    There's obviously not gonna be any criticism of last night's embarrassment at the convention centre.

What was embarassing about it? (Genuine question, I didn't see it)

Happyman42 wrote: »

Take your yee-har politics to the appropriate forums.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I didn't see it either but I doubt it could have been as embarrassing as Marie Louise O'Dramatic.

Lapin wrote: »
    I didn't see it either but I doubt it could have been as embarrassing as Marie Louise O'Dramatic.

She's never any other way of course. Did you hear her when she went to Mayo after Enda Kenny was made Taoiseach? It was one of the most patronising pieces of broadcasting I've ever heard.

It was supposed to be representative of 'us',

'it was designed to showcase the best in Irish music and culture'. Harry Crosbie

The best??? Please! What we got was the lowest common denominator Bord Failte pap and Gaybo needlessly dragged out of retirement to boot!

Take your yee-har politics to the appropriate forums.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did you hear her when she went to Mayo after Enda Kenny was made Taoiseach? It was one of the most patronising pieces of broadcasting I've ever heard.

I did hear it indeed.

As a West of Ireland person myself I wasn't happy with her description of the place and its people.

Sent a text to the programme to voice my complaint.

If fairness to PK, he did read out my text. (Along with a plethora of other complaints that day.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

olivia o learys piece was cringe worthy, totally out of place, reminded me of a village idiots entry in a credit union essay competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    olivia o learys piece was cringe worthy, totally out of place, reminded me of a village idiots entry in a credit union essay competition!

I normally like Olivia O'Leary but reading out her DriveTime radio column to a live audience, that had been just watching live dancing and singing, seemed one dimensional... And referring to the Queen in the third person when she was front row centre looking at the thing was inappropriate and disrespectful..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I normally like Olivia O'Leary but reading out her DriveTime radio column to a live audience, that had been just watching live
    dancing and singing, seemed one dimensional... And referring to the Queen in the third person when she was front row centre looking at the thing was inappropriate and disrespectful..
    imagine our president attending a gala concert
    in london and watching the likes of jeremy paxman coming out on stage to snigger at irish traditions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

And referring to the Queen in the third person when she was front row centre looking at the thing was inappropriate and disrespectful..

nice description of your queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I normally like Olivia O'Leary but reading out her DriveTime radio column to a live audience, that had been just watching live dancing and singing, seemed one dimensional... And referring to the Queen in the third person when she was front row centre looking at the thing was inappropriate and disrespectful..

I agree, It was her DriveTime column from a few days earlier with a few bits tagged on.

They could at least have used some original material.

Still, it wasn't as bad as Mary Byrne's performance.

• Advertisement

Olivia's verbal curtsy
    'We were bold, but we'll behave ourselves now' :rolleyes:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/we-were-a-bit-worried-about-the-curtsy-olivia-o-learys-ode-to-the-queen-140329-May2011/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement