Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Lapin wrote: »
    I didn't see it either but I doubt it could have been as embarrassing as Marie Louise O'Dramatic.

Isn't Marie Louise O'Donnell supposed to be a full-time university lecturer? If that's the case then I wonder how she gets the chance to do any lecturing because there's hardly a week goes by that she's not on the Pat Kenny Show doing a special report from somewhere.

Maybe she's the perfect example of our third level lecturers being underworked and overpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

mike65 wrote: »
    Harry Crosbie! :mad: waffler!

Totally delusional as well

His contribution this morning was almost a word for word repeat of a peice he did with gerry Ryan the morning after the bank guarantee - "This is really going to mark the start of the recovery; the return of the good times is just around the corner; this is AMAZING!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    Still, it wasn't as bad as Mary Byrne's performance.

lol... Ironically, Mary proved why it's "a man's world".. we want the job done properly.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Isn't Marie Louise O'Donnell supposed to be a full-time university lecturer? If that's the case then I wonder how she gets the chance to do any lecturing because there's hardly a week goes by that she's not on the Pat Kenny Show doing a special report from somewhere.

Maybe she's the perfect example of our third level lecturers being underworked and overpaid.

I made the very same query here some time ago about this gasbagging haridan.
    She's like Lady Gaga - overpaid, overexposed and overbearing. :mad:

Between Midday and The PKS she must be making a small fortune alone.

Harry Crosbie! waffler!
    Totally delusional as well

A picture of Harry on the phone to Pat this morning.. (ringing from his bunker)

harrycrosbie.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Olivia's verbal curtsy
    'We were bold, but we'll behave ourselves now' :rolleyes:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/we-were-a-bit-worried-about-the-curtsy-olivia-o-learys-ode-to-the-queen-140329-May2011/

I just read the essay and thought it was great. An informal and warm comment on how our past is so different to our present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Agonist wrote: »
    I just read the essay and thought it was great. An informal and warm comment on how our past is so different to our present.

I'm sure QE2 and her proof readers agreed with you :)

I hate the way Olivia uses the phrase "a Government Minister" frequently in her column.. as if to give her piece more credibility or profile..

Did Joe O'Connor do any gushing yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jesus wept, Enda Kenny is after apoointing Marie Louise O'Donnell to the Seanad.

What qualities does woman possess other than being a Cheerleader for Enda Kenny and a patronising view of the people of Ireland.

It's as bad as Eoghan Harris being appointed by Bertie Ahern last time.

No doubt she will add the cash to her DCU salary and still find time to pollute the airwaves on Pat Kenny's show and elsewhere.

http://www.thejournal.ie/presidents-husband-among-taoiseachs-11-seanad-nominees-140883-May2011/?utm_source=shortlink

Other ‘party’ nominees are Louth councillor Jim Darcy and DCU academic Marie Louise O’Donnell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

SkidMark wrote: »
    Jesus wept, Enda Kenny is after apoointing Marie Louise O'Donnell to the Seanad.

What qualities does woman possess other than being a Cheerleader for Enda Kenny and a patronising view of the people of Ireland.

It's as bad as Eoghan Harris being appointed by Bertie Ahern last time.

No doubt she will add the cash to her DCU salary and still find time to pollute the airwaves on Pat Kenny's show and elsewhere.

http://www.thejournal.ie/presidents-husband-among-taoiseachs-11-seanad-nominees-140883-May2011/?utm_source=shortlink

The sooner that pathetic house full of cronies and spoofers is closed down, the better. It's an affront to democracy that such a place even exists. I read recently that the current Seanad will run its full course even if the people of Ireland vote to abolish it because of "Constitutional issues". What a fcuking joke.

I guess the one positive out of this is that she will certainly not have the same amount of free time(which she somehow is afforded from her full time, extremely well paid position in DCU) as she would if she were not "working" in the Seanad...

Newly elected Senators, below is a sample of the sort of rubbish you will have to listen to for the next seven years.. From Mary Louise's report on Enda Kenny's homecoming:
    I knew I was in the West because I got a seat up on the balcony looking down on the sea of people you had that kind of whiff of human haze of the West of Ireland.

The smell of turf and porridge and tweed and prayer and the clothes and the jackets and the huge mass of people.And a kind of hue of them like you would get at a big country Mass, all standing around ready for Enda to come in.

And you know you’re in the West as well, they have great wonderful wide faces, sparkly eyes and thick wiry hair and kind of big ears, bright dancing eyes and great Mayo tones and great manners and great strength.

I see the McAleeses don't have to worry about keeping the wolf from the door when Mary quits gushing steps down either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I guess the one positive out of this is that she will certainly not have the same amount of free time(which she somehow is afforded from her full time, extremely well paid position in DCU) as she would if she were not "working" in the Seanad...

Newly elected Senators, below is a sample of the sort of rubbish you will have to listen to for the next seven years.. From Mary Louise's report on Enda Kenny's homecoming:

how the fup do you get so divorced from reality that you can actually SAY that tripe ?

it must be some magical wonderlandesque that she inhabits.

even the most patronising people i know wouldnt refer to a whole demographic in that manner.

i think your right man, its gonna be the seanates problem now.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Way too much Obama and Irish/American gushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Sinead O'Connor wailing into the microphone makes you long for Obama gushing. It's painful to listen to considering how fine a voice she had in her youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Still mourning OBL are we Mike?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Couldn't hear a word Barack and Enda were saying there with all those cameras clicking.

It was considerate of Enda to wrap it up in time for the Angelus !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barname wrote: »
    Still mourning OBL are we Mike?

OBL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

FBI-456-UsamaBinLaden.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

UBL surely.

Pat Kenny.. Broadcaster, political analyst and LEGEND.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 graham crosbie

she is hot and clever

pass the sick bag, marie lousie is on talking about being made a senator.

are ANy of the people in RTE truely policially impartial?

no wonder it slips into pravda mode so easy.

pass the sick bag.......

Too late for me I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Fair play to Pat for reassuring Marie Louise that her rent a mouth regular gig on the show will not be affected!

sweet jesus is pat really trying to say that working for RTE and UCD is "the REAL world" ?

FFS man you'd be better off putting someone that works in macdonalds in there than these pamperd gobshytes.

marie lousie must be pushing the 300k level now in her combined pay packet !

dear gods this is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

sweet jesus is pat <i>really</i> trying to say that working for RTE and UCD is "the REAL world" ?<br />
    <br />
    FFS man you'd be better off putting someone that works in macdonalds in there than these pamperd gobshytes.<br />
    <br />
    marie lousie must be pushing the 300k level now in her combined pay packet !<br />
    <br />
    dear gods this is unreal.
    <br />
    The womans gotta eat!

I wonder is there something going on between her and the two Mr Kennys. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭the anser

What a love-in.....Marie Louise etc.....they airbrushed over the fact that the Taoiseach promised to abolish the place!!
    Had to turn off then when the Hobbs creature came on - same old hacks and luvvies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement